Thursday, October 25

545a-fried egg, chicken sausage, c sauerkraut, c reg w/ splash almond milk, supps
7a-c reg
845a-2c reg
945a-coconut flakes & Sunbutter
12p-personal training
130p-chicken sausage, can tuna, c acorn squash w coconut flakes, can Zevia, supps
2p-2c decaf tea
7p-salad w/ half avocado & oil & vinegar, chicken sausage, c spaghetti squash, few squash seeds, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Sleep: In bed 8.5 hours, 9p-530a. Woke a little after 4 but managed to fall back. Did go back to 1 Benadryl. May have to wean the body off it.

Body: I now have outer-ankle pain on both sides. I had it going on last week, but it would switch from one side to the other, and obviously I didn’t run last week - so I just wrote it off as taper-week phantom-pain mind-fuck nonsense. What does it mean today? Dustin blamed different shoes, road surface, not real concerned. Love his calmness.

Going to run on Saturday but take it nice & easy. Settle into an "I can run like this all day" pace and enjoy the costumes and foolishness and time with Lisa. If things hurt, I can walk.

Wore boots with a 1" heel, so I sat at desk all day. It made for terrible off-kilter posture much of the time.

Brain: Doing okay. So many things I could be freaking out about: ankles/shins, run/don't run, Sandy/work, house/moving (maybe), overworked husband, and another potential huge thing I can't even post here (because this blog is public and the thing is VERY potential and very not-public) (no I'm not pregnant thank the baby hey zeus) (and it's not a bad thing) - yet somehow I'm strangely...calm. Evenly keeled. The kind of person I wish I was all the time. Again, I wish I knew the secret.

I can pinpoint that I'm coping with the DNF/injury this week so well because (thanks to Dustin) I'm fully aware it's not as huge as I had initially feared. (Like always.) I've recovered so quickly (and get to run on Saturday) exactly because I DNFd on Saturday rather than attempting to grind it out. Not that I could have attempted anything further once the knee started to hurt; that was a righteous bitchslap. But still - I feel a bit wise for having some big-picture perspective on what is normally such an emotional "ZOMG the SKY is FALLING!!!" topic.

Quote: Have I mentioned I heart Rog Law? He usually isn't saying anything truly new, but the way he says it always hits home.
If you're worrying about something right now and can change it, do it ASAP.

If you're worrying about something that's out of your control, change your perspective on it and stop worrying about it.

Worrying does nothing but drain all the sexy from your mind, taking up resources that could be used to find solutions and live your life to the max.

Let go.

-Rog Law
We've all been told worrying accomplishes nothing. We all know this to be true. But while I'm down in the depths of a freakout, it has zero impact. Logic simply has no relevance in the depths of a freakout. But a phrase like "Worrying does nothing but drain all the sexy from your mind" can stop me in my tracks, make me laugh, and cause a little crack to open up for real perspective to shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment