Thursday, October 18

6a-2 fried eggs, c sauerkraut, chicken sausage, micro cake, .5s spicy sweet almonds, c reg, supps
645a-s spicy sweet almonds, almond milk latte
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
1015a-coconut flakes w/ Sunbutter, can Zevia
12p-personal training
130p-salad w/ oil & vinegar, oz almonds, med banana, supps
630p-salad w/ avocado & pepitas & vinegar, 6.5oz spicy sweet almonds, T coconut butter, samples of new MEB batch, pint Arctic Zero w/ few crushed almonds/cashews, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Sleep: In bed 8 hours, 915-515. Solid, woke w/o alarm. 2 Benadryl again, due to coffee w/ supper.

Body: All-over achey getting out of bed, but great once moving. But right on track, outer right ankle (tendon?) hurt for a bit this morning. I said it last week, and I'll say it again: taper week is a gigantic mind-fuck! At least I'm able to recognize that's all it is.

Brain: Pretty good. Funny: when I posted this morning on FB that today was my last day of work for the week...that's not quite right, as I am working at NSS tomorrow. But I don't think of it was work, really; I think of it as fun! I wish my TS job would feel that great again.

Had a nice convo with Lisa about T&S weekend, me confessing that I was feeling ugly & fat next to her all weekend, and her admitting to overheating on a run but being unwilling to shed her jacket because of my upper back. I mean, seriously. Aren't we all just a bunch of idiots?! How do we stop thinking this way and just have fun?

50k: Pre-race anxiety mostly avoided (except for supper eating), and now it's time to think logistics! Directions & hotel reservations, making race food, getting directions for Amy, planning clothing, writing up some thoughts on DailyMile, etc. Okay, that last thing was not necessary - yet it was. I have to remember to take time to be grateful I can even start this race, never mind how it actually goes.

I revisited my race write-up from last year. My biggest take-away:
What would 2009 Sabrina do if she heard you say you wanted to quit? She'd punch you in the god damn throat is what she'd do. Then she'd steal your shoes and finish this thing!


Also? I think I found something to put on my 5-year goal list: Voyageur Quest Stage Race - 105.2 miles on the Superior Hiking Trail, done over 4.5 days (mileage = 2.5 + 28.9 + 23.6 + 35 + 16.2). Like the Train & Stay, but on HGH. Pretty damned insane, but that's just the kind of thing that belongs on a BHAG list.

Here's a place I can start: Duluth Trail Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment