Monday, October 1

530a-bag Cholula jerky, c reg, supps
6a-Larabar, c reg w/ stevia
630a-taught class, did warm-up & some stretching
8a-Americano w/ SF syrup
10a-Uberbar, 2c half-caff
115p-Awesomesauce, c roasted veg, tiny apple, oz almonds, supps
4p-med apple, oz almonds, bag Cholula jerky
7p-salad w/ oil & vinegar, oz macadamia nuts, supps
Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 845p-5a. Very choppy; up at 12a for bathroom, woke often from weird dreams in AM. Felt fairly rested, though.

Body: AM pulls 1x2 (just plain forgot...Mondays, whattayagonnado) PM pulls 2x2 (not home til late).Tight left Achilles. Class warm-up felt good. Was debating a noon run since I felt better than I did yesterday morning - but then I chatted with Lisa a bit & looked back - and realized it was high time for a full rest day.

As of yesterday I trained 9 straight days, 9/22 to 9/30, and logged 44.86 whopping miles. That's a shit-ton for me; no wonder the weekend didn't feel good - I was an idiot to think it would! Anyway, to make the Train & Stay feel awesome, the key will be plenty of rest and recovery until Friday the 12th. Must keep repeating that to myself...

Brain: Started out a little tired, little disappointed about the weekend, not too excited for the crazy time at work, just rather MEH. Once I realized the above, that I felt this way because I basically just ran myself into the ground in the past week, and that was essentially the damn goal - I cheered up & felt better.

Got an even bigger mental boost when I realized this: the last time I ran 30 miles in 7 days was when I was "trying" to train for Boston back in March, and broke myself.

This time, I am not injured.

Do the wave!

Offer is officially in on that house. Cross your fingers that Sabrina can soon be a dog-owning, neighbor-less, happy little Hoppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment