Friday, October 26

615a-2 fried eggs, chicken sausage, c sauerkraut, c reg w/ .5c almond milk, supps
7a-c reg
8a-Americano w/ SF syrup
10a-coconut flakes & Sunbutter, 2c decaf
1p-can tuna, c acorn squash w/ s coconut flakes, oz almonds, 2c decaf tea
430p-2oz almonds
6p-3oz almonds
8p-6-ish slices bacon
10p-4s coconut butter, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Forgot to mention I doubled my fish oil yesterday to help the legs get over themselves. Forgot to do so today.

Emailed Steve about potentially adjusting intake level for tomorrow's race. While I am not feeling totally stellar at 1700, I do feel just fine. Mentally, it's been easy to shut down the snacky cravings because 1700 is an accountable-to-Steve brick wall for me. And since my calories are all coming from very good sources, I know that I'm getting lots of good vitamins/minerals/etc for my cells - no "empty" calories. Plus, tomorrow's race is truly not a big deal. It's for fun only, so if I'm unable to kick ass, well, that's exactly what I expected! Anyway, my point is that I was not real concerned either way, but Steve said not to restrict.

Sleep: 9 hours in bed, 9p-6a - got my sleep average back up to 8 despite the night of only 6 - yeah baby! One Benadryl (I will drop to halves after tomorrow). Took a while to fall asleep, but it was super solid once I did. Woke w/o alarm. Awesome. Probably helped that my husband got home 5 minutes after I woke up. (Helped ME, not him.)

Body: AM pulls 3x3. Stiff/tight lower legs and feet. Low back bugging a little bit.

Brain: Still even.

I forgot to share something really super cool - when I had supper with my mom on Monday night, she said she had cut out wheat from her diet. I asked her if she's felt any changes. She immediately replied, "Well, I'm less inflamed." Given she is constantly complaining about a sore shoulder, sore hips, etc, and regularly visits the chiro (at which she works, so it's a pretty handy perk), this is pretty huge. There's so much else I would love to see her do (fully eliminate dairy & soy [she just limits them now] and other grains, cut the "healthy junk food," drop some fat as a result) that I know would help her feel a whole lot better, but this is a pretty giant first step for her. And if she can already make the connection between what she's eating and how she's feeling...man, that's freaking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment