Tuesday, September 25

5a-2 fried eggs, chicken sausage, cabbage wedge, c reg, supps
630a-almond milk latte
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
930a-2s coconut flakes w/ 2T Sunbutter, 2c decaf
12p-personal training
130p-Awesomesauce, homemade energy bar, Uberbar, can DCP, supps
6p-half s sunflower seeds
645p-2c raw veg w/ oil & vinegar, 4oz carnitas, supps
Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

Sleep: 7.25 hours in bed, 9-415. Took a while to fall asleep, but it was solid, but again woke about 4 & couldn't fall back. Wtf? I feel good & rested though.

Body: Still have a tight right calf/Achilles. I get it, legs, you ran far on Saturday. Jesus. Build a bridge and get over it already! PM pulls 3x2.

Sat for about an hour at end of day...low back hurt a tiny bit afterward. Was fine before that, fine in session. Hm.

In addition to next cycle's bench request, I want to work more on strict dead-leg pulls and chins after watching Steve's awesome video of traversing pullups. Compared to a swingy, kippy pull, these sleek moves just scream raw strength. Beautiful. That's what I'll be doing at home. I'm sure my cats will be as impressed as Lila.

Diet Summary post updated with info & pics. As I updated it at 430am, I had a mini-epiphany that I hope sticks with me. I was kind of lamenting the need to choose trails over fat loss for my first two months with Steve, and then I thought, "Well, I've been fat for two years; what's another two months?" which is impressive as shit for me. (Priorities? Perspective? Wha?) And THEN, even more impressively, I thought, "What if during this two months we figure out how much I must eat in order to stop getting injured?" That would be worth about 10x the cost of NCP right there. No pressure, Steve.

Brain: Doing great! Productivity tip: ear buds might not prevent someone from interrupting you, but if you only pull one out & keep the other one in - they talk fast. And go away fast. Boom! Also, hiding all those assorted distractions in Facebook & reducing emails has REALLY helped me from getting so derailed. I might still take a little mental break and putz for a bit, but it can't turn into such a long putz when I no longer find 800 rabbit trails to follow.

Quote: Resurrecting for a really good one, applicable to pretty much every aspect of your life.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it again?
-John Wooden

No comments:

Post a Comment