Tuesday, September 18

545a-2 fried eggs, chicken sausage, c sauerkraut, c reg w/ splash almond milk, supps
645a-almond milk latte
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
10a-2c half-caff
1130a-s coconut flakes, oz almonds
12p-personal training
145p-can tuna, c roasted veg, oz almonds, supps
7p-3c raw veg w/ guac, 3.5oz pork roast, half Larabar, supps
Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

Somehow I completely forgot to eat my morning snack, realized it only at 1130. Three cheers for work being just busy enough to keep me occupied, but not stressed!

Healthy hot grocery tip for y'all - Elden's has the following super sales: sugar snap peas, big bag for $1.50; bell peppers, 3 for $1.99; Uberbars & some Larabars, 5 for $5; avocados, $0.99. Score!! Bonus workout: pretty sure my basket held about 20 lbs!

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, 9-530. Solid, woke w/o alarm, feel very well rested.

Body: In great shape! Session felt excellent.

Brain: In good shape. Boosted significantly when Mike said to me at NSS: "24 days to the Train & Stay!" YEAH, BITCHES!

Met with Steve and have 2 goals until we meet again: 1800-calorie average (past two weeks were 2089 & 2082, each with one crazy-high 3200+ day) and 130g protein per day (past two weeks were 185 & 155...though remember that I round things to simplify so will probably aim for at least 150 on "my" tracking). Should be easy-peasy, for the most part.

It does mean not going insane on long run days, which I will definitely have. These are my last two big weekends before tapering for the Train & Stay / 50k weeks. But since there is no ribfest or sleep-depriving camping in the next two weeks, I feel pretty confident I'll manage. I plugged in an extra 1000 calories for Saturday and the week still calcs out to 1800. Boom.

My changes will be skipping breakfast Mon/Wed (no prob: no time) and eliminating the micro cakes in favor of a half Larabar/Uberbar when "needed." I was getting a little too dependent on those cakes again, anyway.

And my tip: you eat a half Lara/Uber by opening a couple bars and cutting them in half and sealing them in a snack bag. You (or at least, I) do not eat half by planning to stop at halfway. Ever.

Quote: Since I was on the topic of beliefs yesterday...I think I got this one from Dustin a while back.
Build your belief in yourself every day. It takes a bit of selective amnesia to do this. Learn from your daily mistakes and then forget them. Never relive mistakes. Once you’ve learned the lesson, throw it away. On the other hand, review your successes every day and save them like trophies. Relive the highlights of your day's workout nightly as you’re lying in bed waiting for sleep to come. Always find the positive things daily. Learn to believe in yourself. Nothing is more important.
- Joel Friel, Endurance Sport Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment