Thursday, September 27

515a-2 fried eggs, chicken sausage, wedge cabbage, c reg, supps
630a-almond milk latte
745a-Americano w/ SF syrup
930a-homemade energy bar
12p-personal training
130p-Awesomesauce, oz almonds, can DCC, supps
530p-can tuna, 2c raw veg, tiny apple, .5oz almonds
8p-half s sunflower seeds, energy bar, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 9-5. Solid but for early AM; weird dreams, arms falling asleep, lots of tossing and turning until I saw alarm light at 5a. Anyway - I feel good and rested.

Body: Little achey getting outta bed, but otherwise feeling great. Shared my Garmin training runs from last Sept/Oct with Lisa, in order to reassure her she was ready for the Train & Stay - and also to refresh my memory on my 50k training. It amounted to this schedule: 12m run 8/21; 0 miles the next weekend (hurt my back that week); two 5m walks; 12m walk; 5.5m road run; 12m trail run; 8.3m trail run; then a wildly successful Train & Stay and an ass-kicking 50k. So I am feeling MORE than ready to kick ass again this year!

Brain: Happy. Comfortably busy.

Until technology crashed at 4, when I SHOULD have been able to be extremely productive and knock out a ton of work for two quiet uninterrupted hours. Rage. And of course, it happens on a night I "have" to be here late for a KITC event with Emma. Leaving early is not an option, as I have nowhere to go, no errands to run in the meantime. Incredibly frustrating!

Deep breaths. Figured out what I could do: unfortunately, not work. Nor leave. Nor read. But I could do a bunch of little things: I did some LAPW stuff. I completed 1.5 steps of Inspirada Dreams (strengths was easy...but I had to step away at "defining my life's purpose" - deer-in-the-headlights stare). I re-lended my Kiva funds. I ate supper. I read some Precision Nutrition emails I had stored up. I schlepped my bags to my car. I scrutinized the Sibley State Park map while waiting (outside, barefoot) for Emma. I got un-raged and I met Emma in a good mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment