Saturday, September 1

545a-fried egg, chicken sausage, micro cake, c reg, supps
7a-c reg w/ 2T coconut milk
745a-2T coconut butter
830a-bottle DCP
1030a-bottle DA&W
12p-bacon on a stick
1p-giant turkey leg
2p-Jocolat bar
330p-bottle DC
430p-c cinnamon-roasted almonds, bottle DC
645p-Pure Organics bar
730p-pork chop on a stick
830p-half serving sunflower seeds
12a-supps
Throughout day, 11a to 8p-9 miles walking
Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed, 10-530. When will I learn that my body will always wake me at 5, and unless I'm dog-tired, Oscar's antics will prevent falling back?!

Body: Feels really good. Touch of ache in hips & glute sides from yesterday's hill, which I had felt while we were walking downhill - I had an exaggerated "hip shake" that I can't explain. Not there going uphill. Interesting.

Long day at State Fair. Wore Vibrams and felt pretty good all day. We sat about an hour in a quiet spot 6-7 or so, very good to take a rest.

Brain: All good. State Fair day! Quite fun, wonderful to hang out with Terri. Of the fair itself, baby animals were the best part, though it sure did get to be a long day. I did much better than I thought - I expected more heat and worse crowds, so the reality wasn't as bad.

Ate more than I had planned, mainly the damned delicious almonds (though not as good as Joy's) but didn't feel too deprived having to avoid all the good stuff. Even skipped out on fruit options to avoid carbs without real issue. Only point of sadness was discovering coconut macaroons (!), asking for the ingredient list, hearing 4 green lights and getting excited until #5: cream cheese. Damn!!

Good talk with Amy on the drive down about how I need to stop putting such high expectations on myself. Nothing new, same old same old, but the more I talk through things the more it helps me, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment