Wednesday, August 15

5a-c reg, supps
6a-c reg w/ stevia
630a-taught class (did warm-up & 2min finisher)
8a-Americano w/ SF syrup
10a-2c decaf w/ stevia
12p-mobility mania
130p-can diet cherry Pepsi
7p-man-sized pile of beef roast, 2 small cukes w/ salsa verde, sweet (banana?) pepper, coco cake, supps

Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

IF: Biometric testing* at 11am meant fasting until then, and I just extended it to supper. (Felt fine, would have gone to bed without eating, but I was slapped with the delicious scent of roast beef bathed 24 hours in the slow cooker. Fucking NOM.) Since I'm going to need more calories on Friday/Saturday because of the runs & low sleep, I'm banking some calories in advance.

Yes, fasting two days before Ragnar. Yes, Dustin is going to want to shake me when he sees this. But yesterday he talked about Ragnar having nothing to do with his goals. I gave that a lot of thought myself, and realized that kicking ass at Ragnar is not my goal either. I definitely want to get through it injury-free, and I really don't want to walk, but other than that - it's all about the adventure, the fun, the people; running is a side note. (And a good training stress in preparation for the best vacation ever.)

Fat loss, on a week that my brain is in a place to achieve it, is taking center stage. I'm using this week as a low-carb experiment while I'm at it. Playing with macros. My little science-minded fat-loss flywheel has momentum this week, so I'm going to keep it turning. 

*Guess whose cholesterol went up even more! Not worried; got the draw done, will have more details from that.

Sleep: 7.75 hours in bed, 9-445. Again took a while to fall asleep, but was solid when I did; woke around 4 (I think) & dozed in/out. Had I been eating breakfast, I would have just gotten up.

Body: Decent. Felt stiff & sore in class warm-up, though, unlike last week! Soreness in glutes/hams continued all day. Tuesday's squats/lunges, I guess? Nutrition? I made the effort to hit more water today than yesterday. Mobility work felt much better than Monday. 1.5 hours sitting in meeting.

Brain: I feel awesome today. I'm all kinds of motivated by my progress this week in sticking to my plan, I see nice visible improvements...pushing my flywheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment