Thursday, August 16

515a-2 fr eggs, 2 sl bacon, c sauerkraut, c reg, supps
630a-c reg w/ 2T coconut milk
745a-Americano w/ SF syrup
930a-s coconut flakes w/ 2T Sunbutter, can DCP
12p-personal training
130p-2oz beef ribs, .5c roasted veg, 2T Sunbutter, oz almonds, can DCC, supps
7p-2oz beef ribs, .5c roasted veg, coco cake, supps
830p-bunch of macaroons, bunch of roast beef - gah!
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Sleep: 7.75 hours in bed, 915-5. Wide awake & up for b/r at 1am, but I think that's when Hop got home. Solid otherwise, until digestive system prompted me to get the fuck up RANOW at 5 due to - TMI alert! -

Body: ...complete systems-wide elimination. Which continued into mid-morning. Don't know what caused it, very typical food at supper: veggies & meat & a micro cake. Hm. But I feel fine, not all depleted and nasty like I would expect. Cautious for the weekend though - hitting water hard so I do not get dehydrated before I even run!

Felt all-over stiff and achey and whiney most of the morning. Initially my knees felt as fat & achey as if I had ran 10 miles yesterday. WTF? Upper back a bit sore, too. Session was fine, felt great to move, though I did not seem to have much endurance for pushups, rows, etc.

Brain: Doing good.

Yesterday I decided I would give some treats to Van #1 since they have to go down a whole night earlier than Van #2, while we can sleep in, and in our own beds besides. I made my "brain food" for them (but on steroids: mixed nuts [cashews, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, walnuts], craisins, mulling spice, AND coconut flakes). Then this morning I saw Monica's email about how she already got (a) trail mix and (b) her mom's famous caramel rolls.

Which makes my brain food look about as exciting as a stale cracker. Even on steroids.

So for a couple minutes I was like, god damn that Monica for being so god damn perfect all the god damn time! And then I stopped and reminded myself that she is perhaps the rare person who really does have all of her shit together and thrives on juggling 18 million things - or maybe not; maybe she cries herself to sleep because she's so fucking exhausted. But either way, it doesn't matter: her awesomeness does not reduce my awesomeness.  Her awesomeness, in fact, makes my life easier, because my one self-appointed Ragnar job was getting her a thank-you gift. Otherwise? I just need to show up on time and run.

So: thanks be to Monica and her superwoman awesomeness!

And instead, my brain food goes to van #2 for having to put up with me, and to my favorite peep (or peeps, if he shared) in van #1.

Quote:
Go ahead. Make someone else's day.
-Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment