Sunday, August 5

7a-c reg, supps
8a-stretches/moves from running book
830a-4.5m run (3m normal, 1m w sprint intervals)
1030a-fr egg, 1.5 sl bacon, 2 sl GF toast, apple w cashew butter, c reg w 2T coconut milk, supps
230p-salad w hb egg & half avocado & RW vinegar, strawberry & nut "ice cream," few mixed nuts, swipe of fruit leather, few bites of slow-cooker chicken, some cooked cabbage
6p-chicken breast w roasted veg, few mixed nuts, c tea w coconut milk, supps
7p-stretches/moves from running book
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Sleep: 9 hours in bed, 10-7. Pretty solid.

Body: Feeling good. Had planned on 4 straight miles of running, but was going just a bit too fast to maintain it and feel good, so when sprint intervals occurred to me, I was ON IT. And that felt wondertastic.

I also tamed down last night's Wonder Woman ambitions of lifting today as well. My current goal is to enjoy Ragnar, which means no injuries, feel good during each run, finish satisfied that I was properly trained, etc. It's not so much that lifting itself is detrimental to that, but (1) the increased running frequency creates a LOT more recovery stress, and (2) I'm limiting caloric intake to the bare minimum of recovery - so I should probably not add any more recovery stress.

But damn it, I wanna lift! And run Ragnar! And Wild Duluth! And be skinny! And Do All the Things!

Brain: Feeling pretty good. Productive & relaxing weekend.

Dustin: I need advice. Check out this super unfancy graph...little worried about going too hard. What's the best way to get a little more "short recovery time" training in the next week? Does it seem smart to do pretty much the same stuff as this week, or should I dial it back anywhere? Really wanting to put in at least one day with two short runs before the race weekend...need help not hurting myself...


No comments:

Post a Comment