Read This: Happiness Project

Joy just finished the book The Happiness Project  and offered it to me. I googled to make sure I hadn't already read it (nope, that was The Happiness Advantage ) and spent some time on the blog poking around.

I came across a few noteworthy posts that need to be logged here for you and for me both.

Just last week I told Dustin that I think sometimes I get so low because I have too much time to think...turns out science may just support that theory!

Do You Fall Into the Trap of Overthinking?
Numerous studies over the past two decades have shown that to the contrary, overthinking ushers in a host of adverse consequences: It sustains or worsens sadness, fosters negatively biased thinking, impairs a person’s ability to solve problems, saps motivation, and interferes with concentration and initiative. Moreover, although people have a strong sense that they are gaining insight into themselves and their problems during their ruminations, this is rarely the case. What they do gain is a distorted, pessimistic perspective on their lives.   
And these two posts are fantastic resources. I don't need them today but they will definitely be used on my next crappy day. Many things I already attempt to do, or know that I should, but there were some great new nuggets as well.

Seven Tips for Making Yourself Happier in the Next Hour

Thirteen Tips for Dealing With a Really Lousy Day

No comments:

Post a Comment