Monday, August 6

5a-c reg, supps
6a-c reg w T coconut milk
630a-did class
8a-2c reg
9a-2c decaf
10a-oz almonds
12p-3.35m utility run w/ Lisa
130p-chicken w roasted veg, homemade choco-chip brownie Larabar, supps, piece of gum
530p-3m walk
630p-Uberbar, Caveman cookie, supps
9p-supps
Throughout day-4 quarts water

IF: No breakfast. Very hungry just one hour after eating my lunch. STOP IT, BODY.

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 9-5. Solid; woke at 415a and felt awake enough to get up! Did not, thus alarm woke me at 5, but I got up feeling quite good, considering.

Body: Felt awesome. Warm-up with class felt so good and I had a new rep scheme that I wanted to test, so I decided to join in on the first round. And it was so fun that I kept on going! Run was not as awesome. Legs felt pretty heavy, then kept getting winded on the return trip. Sore quads in afternoon.

Acne: Reaction to something began on Friday or so. No idea what is causing it, can't pinpoint a thing. So. Fucking. Frustrating.

Brain: Doing well, given such a busy and loooong Monday. I once again learned that beating myself up on Sunday for what I ate on the weekend is really fucking stupid, as I came in under my goal for the week, when I was certain I'd be over. Dumb!

Another dumb: earning a large blister on my three-mile walk because I was too lazy to traipse down to the Well and grab socks. Stupid is as stupid does.

WOD: Optimism. I'm optimistic about my plans every single Monday, aren't I? So sure I can DO THIS this week, really stick to my ambitious plans...well, it's better than the opposite, right?

And at any rate, I am learning, little by little, how to make the plans more achievable. The ol' adage of "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars," is kind of bullshit for me. If I only land among the stars, I am massively disappointed. So perhaps I need to start smaller. This time, I'm aiming for Mars.


BREATHTAKING VIEWS OF THE MILKY WAY, FROM THE SURFACE OF MARS.

BONUS PIC:

From my beautiful, hilariously smart-assed, much-missed friend Lesley:


No comments:

Post a Comment