Friday, August 17

530a-2 fr eggs, 1.5 sl bacon, .5c sauerkraut, c reg, supps
730a-c reg w/ 2T coconut milk
9a-can Zevia
930a-Americano w/ SF syrup
1130a-s protein pudding, 2s turkey pepperoni
230p-bag pork jerky, 2c raw veg (cukes, carrots, celery, cauliflower), macaroon, supps
6p-s protein pudding, can Zevia, BCAAs, salt tab
7p-4.53m run
8p-bag pork jerky, 2c veg, large banana, macaroon, Ultima, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Sleep: 6.75 hours in bed, 1015-5. To bed late due to Ragnar excitement. Woke at 4 & hit bathroom, but fell back asleep. Alarm woke me at 5. Was supposed to be 7. GAH. Couldn't fall back, got on up. Felt fine though. Go adrenaline!

Body: Felt great in AM, very rested. Little concerned with digestive system, though - opposite of yesterday. Hm. Also, had some near-cramps in calves at some point overnight, so I hit the water hard early. Digestive soon righted itself and felt great all day.

Brain: Amy Subrt is in Colorado with a couple friends. She spent 15 hours today hiking 15 miles up a 14,536' mountain, and got up at 2am to do so. Said "everything hurts!" My first thought: I AM SO FUCKING JEALOUS. I guess I didn't quite get my fill of mountains on the North Shore!

Ragnar day one: Too much driving. Drive down was LONG and the body did not like sitting that much. Tight hip flexors always a result of sitting too much or running too much, so this was a concern point all weekend.

Exciting to finally meet up with van 1 but sad to leave them so quickly. Logistics of keeping up with our people took way more time that I expected, really no downtime. FAR MORE DRIVE TIME than I was expecting. My first run felt absolutely amazeballs. Nice and fast. Brain was happy to run. Body was happy to run fast.

Again it was great to meet up with van 1, see the major exchange point, swap some stories. But when we got to OUR rest exchange, I was very much in "I need to rest RANOW" mode. Cost $2 to sleep in the gym, and we only had two hours, so I bedded down in the damp chilly grass. And was too keyed up to actually sleep. Got up after 15 minutes to hit bathroom. Texted back & forth with van 1 for a bit. Finally I managed to fall asleep about 11, and woke up to a van 1 text at 11:30 that they were ahead of schedule. Gah. Got up and moving, sent off Jodi, spent about 5 minutes chatting with van 1, and off we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment