Wednesday, July 4

6a-c reg, supps
7a-3.48m walk (65 min) in Vibrams
9a-c reg w stevia, few taste-testing bites of pork tenderloin & baked beans, s Ultima
12p (ish)-hot dog, 3oz pork tenderloin, Larabar, c fruit, 2 cans Diet Coke
430p (ish)-2 hot dogs, 2s SP chips, .5c pineapple, few snap peas, can Diet Coke, fiber supps
530p-1.87m walk (34 min) in Merrells
7p-Uberbar, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

 Limited myself to afternoon snacking with everyone else only, plus an Uberbar post-sweaty-damned-walk.

Sleep: 9 hours in bed. Up in wee hours wide awake (husband, cats), hit b/r, took a while to fall back. Woke naturally about 5, dozed a good hour.

Body: All-over achey when I got up. Upper back, thighs a bit tight/sore. Walks both felt great, was neat to realize how much I could feel abs working as I messed around with my form.

Brain: Doing well, walk was good me. Peace and quiet and beauty. After that, pretty busy with setup of food, garage, etc, and also a shitty bonus: upset with husband for not coming home til late last night...then more hurt when he offered zero apology after I told him I was mad. Are all men this oblivious, or just mine? Had a nice little sobfest telling him that it feels like he never wants to spend time with me, which makes me feel awful. I do suspect this has been a part of the stress in the past month.

Parade/people over was a good time, but I got mad/sad again at clean-up, as Hop was busy boozing with his buddies and continued the party over at the neighbor's/Sidewalks without a word to me. Top buddy: his coworker, with whom he already spends 50-60 hours per week. So once again...it hurts. As did how many of my bestest friends did not come over for the parade, without a word about it. More hurts. This made me want to eat, naturally, but I wrote this on my hand: Being strong is the best revenge.  It helped keep me from turning to food for comfort. I also made a trip to Alex for CSA shares, which meant I was out of the house. Got back at 730, straight into the shower.

Quote:
Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.
-Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment