Wednesday, July 25

5a-c reg, supps
6a-c reg w T coconut milk
630a-taught class (did warm-up)
8a-2c reg
12p(restauarant)-salad (romaine, black olives, diced tomatoes, salsa, pico, roasted chicken) w balsamic, 2.5c reg, supps
5p-yoga
7p-2 fr eggs, s chicken sausage, 5 carrots w/ TC guac, c grapes, supps
Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

Tip: Taco salad bar at the Holiday Inn for LAPW meeting lunch. I made a huge and delicious salad by taking all the fillings (less cheese) - and topping with the balsamic vinegar I had brought along myself. It was not a challenge at all to bypass the shells and refried beans (although I do love me some refried beans!) and I didn't feel the least bit deprived.

IF: Back at it. Would've gone all day but for the LAPW meeting. Hungry (and cold) just before meeting, quite cold again at 430. Good timing!

Sleep: In bed 8 hours. At least half hour before falling asleep. Woke at 215 for b/r, then woke often after that. Here I thought I'd sleep really well being back in my own bed. Damn!

Body: During class warm-up, felt awfully stiff & sore. Very seriously considered skipping yoga in favor of a nap, but felt better after lunch, found some energy. Or got some from the caffeine. Either way.

Brain: Did not want to return to real life at all. But coping!

WOD: Commitment. Today this means: I intend to make a solid commitment to the next four weeks. No more excuses, no more "Well, I didn't sleep well, so I'll eat a little extra." If I don't sleep well, I'll drink more water and/or back down on workouts, but I will not eat more. I have thousands of calories stored in my fat cells; use them up, body! I am also making a commitment to consistency in meal sizes/macros so that I can get a better grip on how I feel in relation to workouts, etc. If my food varies wildly, then so does my training fuel, and how then can I judge whether the problem with deadlifts or pullups or a simple run is my fuel or my technique or my plan or the heat or whatever? Control as many variables as possible.

Quote:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. They're either speaking or preparing to speak. They're filtering everything through their own paradigms, reading their autobiography into other people's lives.
-Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment