Thursday, July 5

545a-fr egg, s chicken sausage, sl toast, c stir fry, Uberbar, c reg, supps
7a-c reg w stevia
745a-2c reg
10a-3oz walleye, 2c roasted veg, oz almonds, supps
12p-3.52m run/walk w/ Lisa
2p-salad w .5 avocado & balsamic, sm banana, Uberbar, supps
545p-kayaking w/ Amy
during kayaking-s Ultima
Throughout day-3 quarts water

IF: no supper. Easy since I didn't get home until just past 7 anyway.

Sleep: 9 hours in bed. Solid. In at 830p like a child, awake naturally at 530a. Wunnerful.  Except when I had a lovely wee-hours wakeup from Oscar, sleeping on his side with paws against me, suddenly digging every claw into my back. Ouch!

Body: Good! Neck tweakage is back, didn't notice it yesterday. Tight/sore hams but were fine while running. Didn't feel anything in them yesterday. Tuesday's squats? During run, took a walk break when my ears started popping, just didn't want to push too hard. I really don't feel acclimated to running in the heat at all.  Also, I keep getting a blister on my right foot. I wonder if that is caused by the instability I can feel while walking, though I haven't noticed (or paid attention, more accurately) while running.

Surprisingly tired & unmotivated at about 3pm. Drank more water and sucked it up, buttercup.

Brain: Improving from yesterday a little. Helping most: reading The Four Agreements  and listening to Self Compassion  audiobook last night/this morning. Also helping: being so busy at work that I can't dwell on anything personal. Although I very quickly fell into "I don't want to be here" mode because there was So. Much. To. Do. Noon run w Lisa helped a lot, then again overly sensitive in the afternoon, then boosted up by kayaking w/ Amy and a chat w Hop. Feeling markedly better by end of day.

WOD: Care. To me, today, this means I need to take care of myself. I need to stop beating myself up for being imperfect and accept that I'm always doing the best I can with what I have.

Quote:
The essential thing in life is not so much conquering as fighting well.
-Baron De Coubertin

No comments:

Post a Comment