Sunday, July 1

8a-2c reg w stevia, supps
10a-c senna tea
9a-230p-cleaning
230p-bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, c snap peas, 2 carrots, Uberbar, supps
4p-more snap peas, 2oz raw cashews
630p-c stir fry, c grilled veg, half chicken breast, chicken wing, 1/3c fresh raspberries w 2T coconut cream, supps
Throughout day-2 quarts water

Sleep: 9 hours in bed. Yes. Last night I left the races early because I was so damned tired. Up for br in the wee hours (ha, is that where the phrase came from?!) but right back into bed until I couldn't sleep anymore. I don't know why I need so much sleep all of a sudden, but I'll do what I can.

Body: Feels good. Little stiff but nothing from the runs Fri/Sat. Woot! Spent 5.5 straight hours (literally, the only breaks I took were to visit the bathroom) deep cleaning my sty of a house. That was enough of a workout to keep me from the squat rack. Worn. Out. However, I could appreciate my flexibility and strength as I twisted myself into weird positions while scrubbing my floor by hand, or as I stood on tiptoe on a chair to clean the ceiling fan, or easily hopped up onto the bathroom sink to wipe down walls.

Also, I did around 5 sets of 3 DL WG pulls throughout the day.

Brain: Making conscious decision to get back on track. Will ignore the last two weeks, start a fresh new cycle with the new month. Also counted out only 7 weeks to Ragnar. This has me thinking more scientifically about my nutrition, hoping that will take some of the emotion out of it. I'm also not buying any more coconut butter for a long time!

Thinking about how the Whole9 folks constantly say NOT to IF when stressed, that it simply adds so much more stress to your hormonal system that it will outweigh the benefits. Since I've been mentally stressed (though I still can't pinpoint why), perhaps this is why I'm struggling to fast or avoid binges again. (Frankly, I have been feeling much like I did during tax season: going through the motions of life, all the things I "must" do, and not enjoying much of anything. No "flow." Again, I don't know what's causing this! That makes it a fuck of a lot harder to figure out what to to about it.) Anyway, thinking about how fasting adds more stress shifted me into moderation for today. I'm still not sure what I'll do this week since my schedule is thrown off with the holiday, probably no full-day fasts but just skipping meals here or there.

Food prep: 
-5 salads: romaine & red leaf lettuce, carrots, snap peas, parsley...light on veg this week, didn't restock at grocery store.
-bone broth: pork bones, leftover 29:24 pork roast juices, chicken broth, onions, garlic, slow cooked all day on low.
-3 s stir fry: olive oil, summer squash, cilantro, radishes, Flavors of India spice mix, bit of bone broth to deglaze the pan because I burned it!
-Grilled vegetables: bit of olive oil + frozen Ploughshare veg (broccoli, carrots, peppers, snap peas, green beans) + onions + garlic in tinfoil = easy and delish!
-2 packages chicken sausage cooked & ready to eat.

Quote:
We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
-Marion Wright Edelman

No comments:

Post a Comment