Here are 13 ways to participate and help us create a world with more birthdays:
1) Join the Tastefully Simple HQ Team.
2) Donate to our team or a team member.
3) Help to Paint the Town Purple on Monday, July 9th, at 6pm at Big Ole. You'll receive ribbons to tie around lightposts downtown – a fun family activity, bring your kids & bikes!
4) Shop at Lillian’s on Monday, July 9th, 4:30-7pm, when 10% of proceeds will go to Relay (more info).
5) Eat at Culver’s on Tuesday, July 10th, when 10% of proceeds will go to Relay.
6) Eat breakfast here at Tastefully Simple on Wednesday, July 11th, when 100% of proceeds will go to Relay.
7) Participate in the silent auction here at TS on Wednesday, July 11th, when 100% of proceeds will go to Relay.
8) Bake treats by Thursday, July 12th, for the team cakewalk fundraiser at Relay (ask me for info).
9) Make goodies by Friday, July 13th, for the team snack sale at Relay (ask me for info).
10) Decorate a luminaria (contact me or Lynn Swenson or Linda Baltes) in memory or in honor of a loved one (no donation necessary).
11) Come to the Relay for Life (see below for timeline & events).
12) Deliver fresh hot coffee to Relayers in the wee hours – 3am is especially helpful!
13) If you're an early bird, help clean up from 6-10am on Saturday, July 14th – and get free breakfast afterward! (And if you're a TS team member, you can get paid for it by using your volunteer time!)
There are also many things to do at the Relay for Life event itself besides walking – bring the whole family!
5-6pm & 7-9pm Meal (burgers, brats, hot dogs, chips, beans; free will donation).
5:30pm Free pizza to our Tastefully Simple participants.
11pm Free pizza & subs to participants (provided by Relay).
6am Free breakfast Saturday morning (at Tennessee Roadhouse) for those who clean up.
Tastefully Simple snack sale — Culver’s treat cart — face painting — Massages by Lynn (TS's own Lynn Swenson) — dunk tank — KITC-made bracelets and ornaments — glow sticks — cupcakes — book sale — fruit smoothies — hair extensions — and probably more!
At 11pm Tastefully Simple is doing a cakewalk fundraiser with several baked-goods prizes leading up to a fancy cake made by Lucky Cakes (TS's own Macaille Mahoney).
Livewire DJ — Rockin Horse Peter — Johari Tribe (belly dancers) — Rockettes — vintage car show — children's games — photo booth — and more!
At 3am Tastefully Simple is doing coconut bowling, not a fundraiser, just a fun activity – game lasts until the coconuts are destroyed!
6-7pm Opening ceremony
Dusk (9pm or so) Luminaria lighting ceremony
11:30pm Fight Back ceremony
5:15am Closing ceremony