Wednesday, June 27

5a-c reg
6a-c reg w 2T MimicCreme, supps
630a-taught class, did warmup & finisher (2:00 jump rope)
715a-pulls/swings/stands (half)
8a-mini Larabar, s Ultima & BCAAs
830a-2c reg
10a-donated blood
11a-2 macaroons, s Ultima
1145a (LAPW mtg)-salad (iceberg, cukes, baby carrots, fat grape tomatoes) w T Italian dressing & 2oz chicken breast, 3c reg
3p-2s coconut flakes
430p-2.8m walk/run in Merrells (forgot fatties at home!)
pre- & post-run & post-yoga-s Ultima & a salt tab
515p-yoga
8p-3oz pork roast
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Would've fasted today but for lunch meeting & blood donation. Did what I could.

Sleep: In bed 8 hours. Took a long while to fall asleep, up at 245a for b/r. Mind not as busy this time, though it did start down the road of "What's going on with my deadlifts?!" What I had to tell myself, to stop the fixation, was: "It's Dustin's job to figure that out. Not yours." Which may or may not be true, but obviously I am not going to find any light bulb ideas at 3am!! Got up a little tired and cranky. Made a conscious decision NOT to let low sleep put me in a bad mood.

Body: Shin pain only when I flex toes up, fine when pointed. And nothing in "normal life." Neck still there but much improved. Felt nothing while doing handstands. Inside of right foot occasionally feels like it wants to cramp up. Little on the tired side, but brain is boosting me up.

Scheduled a massage for Saturday. Yes, Dustin, I pretty much do everything you tell me to do.  It means I'll be driving a shit ton on Saturday (Warrior Training east of Miltona, massage in Hoffman, pea pick NW of Miltona, then home...until the races in Alex. WHEW!) - but I'm sure it will be worth it. If not, Lisa & I WILL make you join us both on next Friday's training! (Actually, on that note, I was thinking I'd benefit most from you doing my deadlift session but that would be Friday when Lisa's there which might be too much going on? I'll take squats if so. Either way, I'm sure I'll learn something.)

Brain: Choosing to be positive today. Got up grumpy and whiny, and told myself to happy the fuck up - just DECIDE to be happy - it worked! Did things to cheer myself up: gave a precious beloved macaroon to Dustin for his birthday; read Dan John while donating blood; donated blood; ate my last 2 macaroons as post-donation re-fuel; went to LAPW meeting where I received my 1-year membership award, was installed as Treasurer for the coming year...

AND I received an award there:



Humbling and overwhelming. I should give credit where it's due: I've always been a bleeding heart, but through Tastefully Simple (& LAPW) I've been provided so many opportunities to give back that I've taken it to a whole 'nother level. And for anyone reading this who feels even the slightest guilt over not doing more, remember this: I have no children, thus more time and money to share than most of you. Be a parent first, donate your time and money later. Your kid(s) only get one childhood - make it the best you can.

Habit: Belly back to normal size, chose a super flattering outfit due to LAPW meeting and had no issues.

Priorities: UPS delivered a bike rack for my car today. Hop's idea! This means I don't have to keep a bike here at TS (my crap bike needs a new tire, not worth it, donating it) AND we can bring our bikes up north next month AND perhaps we can get into a weekend routine of dragging our bikes around and seeing places beyond Sauk & Osakis. I don't expect us to start riding 50-milers or anything, but more like: let's go eat at the Fire Station, but let's load up the bikes and first we'll go for a ride.

WOD: Strong. Strong in mind, strong in spirit, strong in body. Seek the trifecta, my friends.

Quote:
I think there is no better way to invite a human being to view their body differently than by inviting them to be an athlete, by revering one's body as an instrument rather than just an ornament. It's a really great way to reorient how you see your body so you can see it as this incredible, awe-inspiring machine that you need to fuel well in order for it to function.
-Alanis Morissette

No comments:

Post a Comment