Thursday, June 7

545a-2 fr eggs, 4 sl bacon, 2 sl toast, sm peach, c reg, supps - normal breakfast
7a-Almond Dream bar, c reg w/ 2T coconut milk - cravings/habit
8a-Americano w/ SF syrup
945a-5oz tuna, 2T mustard, s sesame crackers, med apple, 2c decaf, supps - pWO fuel
11a-Larabar, oz almonds - pure craving
12p-personal training
4p-two bacon-wrapped smokies, 2c cantaloupe, .5c celery, .5c peas, few baby carrots, Larabar, supps - sampling potluck leftovers
630p-fr egg, 2.5 sl bacon, sl toast, 4 carrots w Todd County guacamole*, 2c decaf w T coconut milk, Uberbar**, supps - last meal til Saturday
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

*avocado + salsa
**Bananas Foster Uberbar: oh, yes, as delicious as you would expect, if not more.

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed. Last night I tried to stay up chatting with Hop for a bit (hadn't seen him in two days) but I ended up heading straight to bed as soon as the clock hit 9p. He was talking about the golf pass book's deals and wasn't sure whether it would pay off unless he golfed a lot (that's kind of the point, yo) but anyway, he was rattling off numbers and I couldn't even pretend to follow them. Or care. I rudely cut him off and said, "Look, I'm tired, and I don't care either way. If you want it, keep it. If not, whatever. I have to go to bed. I'm sorry." And turned around and pretty much dropped into bed like a rock. SO. TIRED.

Anyway, ramble ramble, I woke once for b/r but otherwise was pretty solid. I dozed in/out for the last half hour or so (guessing, never looked at clock once) dreaming about deadlifts. Ha!

Body: Shins/front of ankles are sore, not a normal ache for me; I don't like that at all. Still tired. Got a boost at work (how's that? my job & people rock, duh.) and found some energy. And session felt pretty solid, the Prowler didn't break my spirit!

Considering that it may be time to drop the RDL fun, as my running is reaching back up to a half hour on the very same day. Next week is maintenance eating, so I'll wait and see how I feel on higher calories. I plan to eat Whole30-style, following the portion/serving sizes, really work on satiating, healthy meals that fully fuel me for the day and my workouts.

Brain: Indulged in an "ice cream" treat at breakfast to get some extra calories in a comfort-food kind of way. I don't like that I did it. I don't like that food can change my mood. It makes me feel weak. The Larabar at 11am was also pure craving. Post-session, though, I was not at all hungry. That was interesting.

Quote:
It was being a runner that mattered, not how fast or how far I could run. The joy was in the act of running and in the journey, not in the destination. We have a better chance of seeing where we are when we stop trying to get somewhere else.
-John Bingham, No Need for Speed: A Beginner's Guide to the Joy of Running

No comments:

Post a Comment