Thursday, June 28

5a-2 fr eggs, 3oz pork roast, .5oz roasted nuts, .5oz raw cashews, 4T coconut butter, c reg, supps
615a-c reg w 2T MimicCreme
730a-Americano w SF syrup
10a-mini Larabar, 2c decaf
12p-pulls/snatches/stigmata
2p-c roasted cauliflower (that I thought was walleye when I grabbed it), salad w HB egg & .5 avocado & balsamic, bag pork jerky, mini Larabar
4p-4c decaf w 2T coconut creamer
Throughout day-1.5 quarts water

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed. In at 930, a half hour late, then wide effing awake at 430a. Blech, WHY? Dozed for a bit, but just got up at 5a. Felt fairly good though brain a bit low.

Body: Feels good. Shin the same as yesterday. Right foot seems normal again. Neck about the same as yesterday, and not bothered by snatches.

Sunday's lifting plan, which I decided on while stretching with Joy, will be to deadlift only 135 for all sets, thinking form form form. I read Mike Robertson's ridonkulously detailed deadlift post and picked up a few things I will keep in my mind. I like having a plan. Feels better.

Brain: Overate big time at breakfast. Cravings. Dunno why, probably sleep. I at least feel like I can easily choose fat sources over carb sources, haven't got any ZOMG BREAD cravings going on. But I should probably stop buying coconut butter. I focused on acceptance / build a bridge & get over it / did what I could to eat properly the rest of the day. I also think a bit of the MEHness is due to NSS being gone...as if a full week without Dustin is going to be enough to backslide me into a weak, fat carbaholic. (Though to be fair, that did kind of happen when I was gone to Boston. But I'm not on vacation. I will be fine.)

Tearing open another callus, while maddening and angering and frustrating to add that setback, feels pretty bad ass. Good for the brain.

Habit: A little tougher today, for no real reason other than the MEHness. I'm wearing my thermometer jeans with a snug top, which I wouldn't have done 2 months ago. So look at that, big improvement! And yet I rationalize with a "Well, maybe this is like the 3rd jeans wearing since they were washed and that's why." I wish that voice would STFU.

So I went back to the "I love my body just as it is right now." thinking with these fill-in-the-blanks: -I'm strong. -I am smaller than I was 8 weeks ago. -Sweet shoulders! -I'm healthy.

Priorities: KITC event with Emma. I love hanging out with her; she makes me feel like the cool aunt.

WOD: Recharge. Just like rejuvenate the other day. Funny timing on these, as Joy is taking a second deload week in a row, and I'm feeling like maybe I should be deloading. Things are great in my life but I feel very MEH in my brain, and it's being reflected in my deadlifts at least. Other workouts seem to be progressing on schedule (Didn't I just run in Merrells with no adverse effects?!), yet I still feel like they aren't (Well, you know, I walked 1/3 of that run). What is that about? Anyway, the key to it is not to stress about it, but just observe what's going on, do what I can today to put myself on the right track, whatever that may be.

Quote:

"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” - Dr. Ann Wigmore

No comments:

Post a Comment