Monday, June 25

5a-Larabar, bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, c reg, supps
6a-c reg w 2T coconut milk
630a-taught class, did warmup only
8a-2c reg, Larabar
10a-2 amazing macaroons, 2c decaf w 2T coconut creamer
1045a-personal training
12p-bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, salad w avocado & balsamic, med apple
2p-afternoon train (~20 min)
615p-2c asparagus, 2oz mixed raw nuts, 2oz mixed burnt nuts, 3T coconut butter
Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

This week's eating plan: play with fasting partial days, keep eating PWO for recovery, but fast before workouts (on non-Dustin days) as long as I'm feeling good.

Sleep: 7.75 hours in bed. Solid, woke naturally about 430a (alarm for 450) and dozed for a while. Nice!

Body: Feeling good. Bit stiff all over. Shin just as sore as yesterday. Perhaps worsened by bike ride? Post-session: tweaked neck. Very tight right trap. Kept regularly stretching and rubbing and talking nicely to it. Iced in eve.

Serious GI distress early morning. I suspect the lack of supplements all day Saturday caused problems rather than what I had eaten. Back on track today, mostly, though I spaced on bringing supps to work. Gah!

Brain: Worried about shin. Not end-of-the-world worried, but very concerned. Bright spot: a gift from Joy of two new Larabar flavors and a bag of wondertastic perfect macaroons. My people are the bomb diggity!

Here is why everyone needs a Dustin: I told him my shin still hurt. He asked more about where exactly, when it started, etc, then simply said, "Keep an eye on it." Calm. Unemotional. Rational. I wish my internal voice sounded a lot more like him.

I got my Turn 'Em Loose nominations. There were 6, and each of them described a pretty amazing person. The kind of person I want to be but usually don't feel that I am; I desperately want to live up to those words. I wish I felt like I deserved them! I must have the lowest self-esteem in the world; I don't feel like they could possibly be describing me. And yet, they obviously are, the things they say that I did are all true, so why do I feel such a disconnect? Maybe I just have higher expectations for everyone else, because I mostly just feel like I'm doing the bare minimum that any average human would do.

Habit: I am already feeling massive improvements from this habit after just one single week. I still have many mirror observations where I zero in on my belly immediately, but my thoughts aren't immediately negative! However, I am still working at coaching my thoughts in several subtle ways. Like if I look at my belly and don't think negative, but don't think positive either, then I'll prompt myself for a positive comment. An example from this morning: I like my proportions, in terms of shoulder/waist/hips, just want to flatten that belly a bit  (here I prompted myself to end positively) although it looks good just as it is, right now.  I can hardly believe the progress I've made in one week!

Priorities: 4 more unsubscribes. Fewer junk in my inbox, less time wasted, more time for the good things in life.

WOD: Fuel. As in, food is fuel for athletes. And I am an athlete*. And I need to eat like it. And you should, too. High-quality food full of vitamins and minerals. Enough to fuel stellar performance and recovery. That's really all there is to it. Super simple. So why isn't it easy?

*Do you realize that saying this still doesn't feel natural to me?  That I still  think of myself as a lazy-ass bookworm? WHAT THE FUCK. Maybe my next habit focus should be changing that line of thinking.

Quote:
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.
-William Durant

No comments:

Post a Comment