Monday, June 11

6a-2 sl egg bake w/ hot sauce, sm peach, c reg w 2T coconut milk, supps - meal
7a-c reg w 2T MimicCreme
10a-stir fry w balsamic, med apple w/ 2T Sunbutter, 2c decaf w/ 2T coconut creamer - meal + pWO
11a-pulls, RDLs, stands3.43m run
1p-5oz tuna, s sesame crackers, sm peach, supps - PWO
3p-Kind+ bar - snacky/cravings
6p-salad w/ 2 hb eggs & balsamic, scallops, NuGO Free* bar, 2c decaf w 2T MimicCreme, supps - meal + hunger
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Eating according to Whole9 macro/portion prescriptions. See updated Diet Summary post for deets.

*Meh. Dark chocolate crunch bar, no dairy, soy, gluten, etc, but also pretty low on flavor. Not worth it when you can eat a Larabar instead.

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, up once for b/r, woke w/o alarm. No class this morning, got to sleep in! Felt rested.

Body: No aches or pains, but a bit lethargic in morning. Workout(s) = fabulosity = energizing.

Brain: Great. Busy 4-day workweek after a relaxing weekend, 3-day girls' weekend coming up, life is good! The run with Lisa was exactly what I've been needing. No quiet time for my brain to say stupid shit to me. HAPPY.

Small victory - saw a coworker today and noticed how skinny she's gotten, specifically her tiny legs. My first thought? "She has no leg muscle! She looks freaking weak."  - Holy crap is that light years away from where my brain would've once gone!

WOD: Impact. Your thoughts have impact. Your actions have impact. Your goals have impact. They impact you now. They impact your future. They impact others. How will you impact the world? Will it be positive? Negative? Neutral? Choose wisely.

Today I used the WOD to throw away a cupcake. I wasn't going to eat it, full of grains, but I was going to bring it home to Hop, which I always do with the 60 bajillion treats per week I get at work. But then I thought about the WOD a bit. I often tell Hop he needs to eat healthier, that I don't want to have to hunt for a new husband at 60 years old because his liver gave out, that kind of "I'm joking but I'm also half-serious" comment. So why do I bring him all these treats? Sure, he loves them; who wouldn't? But are they good for him? Doesn't bringing him junk food go directly against what I tell him? I can stop bringing him this crap and have an impact  on his health. If he wants junk food, he can buy it, I won't stop him. But I don't need to bring any home to him. Practice what I preach, and allathat.

Quote:
Do you feel threatened when a friend or coworker succeeds? Remember this: there's enough success for everyone. Recite it over and over to yourself the next time you get hit with yet another whiney "Why not me?" moment.
-Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment