Friday, June 22

6a-c reg, supps
830a-c reg w/ T coconut milk & stevia
1030a-2c reg
1130a-pulls/snatches/stands/pulls/plank
1215p-3.26m run w/ Lisa
7p-salad (carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers, red lettuce) w avocado & balsamic, 3oz walleye & onions, Larabar, couple T coconut butter, c decaf w MimicCreme, supps
8p-c decaf w T coconut milk
Throughout day-2 quarts water

Fast day was planned. I ate supper after reading some of It Starts With Food and their admonishments about proper nutrition and the dangers of improper recovery. That got me thinking about the very high need for solid recovery when I'm about to challenge my body to two runs in 24 hours, minor to some but pretty new for me. And especially knowing I wouldn't be as vegetable- (thus, nutrient-) heavy at breakfast like I would at supper, I figured I'd better get some solid nutrition in now.

So I'm experimenting. I think. I'm going to try fasting tomorrow until supper. And maybe Sunday, too. Remember when I joked about the Warrior Diet earlier this week? Might just be what I do over the weekend for real. I think. Will depend on how I feel.

Sleep: 8 hours in bed. In a bit late due to moto ride, and couldn't sleep in past 530a. Felt pretty well rested though.

Body: Decent. Little aches in morning, abs a bit sore. Workouts were solid. Vague aches/pains in eve.

Brain: Decent. Day off was pretty busy but all was enjoyable.

Habit: Phrases used today, following "I love my body just as it is right now": -I quite love my arms. -I almost got all 8 sets! -My handstands have hugely improved. -I am strong. -That run felt great! -I like my hips.

Priorities: 4 more unsubscribes!

Quote:
Running along our journey doesn't only teach us how to keep moving forward through what life throws at us, it also makes us into the best version of ourselves. -Ashley Erickson

No comments:

Post a Comment