Wednesday, May 9

430a-2 fr eggs, 2 sl maple bacon, 2 sl toast, grapefruit, c reg, supps
545a-c reg w/ 2T coconut milk
615a-ran 10 minutes
630a-taught class, participated in warmup & finisher only
7a-pulls/swings/handstands
815a-plain Americano w/ stevia
1130a-2c decaf w/ stevia
3p-barefoot half-mile parking lot stroll w/ team
330p-curry fish stew, salad w/ balsamic, med green apple, .5s onion crackers, oz almonds, supps
530p-yoga (biked to & from)
7p-fr egg, 2 sl bacon, 2 sl toast, 1/2 cantaloupe, micro cake, supps
Throughout day: 2.5 quarts water

Plan: skip meals 3 & 4. Reality: poor sleep meant I was hesitant to drop that low, especially given the bump in training this week. So I decided to simply eat when hungry. WHAT A CONCEPT.
Actually, it is a wild concept when you're used to battling cravings that tell you to eat all the fucking time. Stopping those cravings and experiencing actual hunger pangs is a whole new world. I'm trying to turn a scientific eye on this whole process, really analyze what's going on. (It's kind of fun...at least while it's working. Never can be certain when the body & brain might take a dive on me!) 
I can't believe I made it that long before I was truly hungry, though. I used to eat every 3 hours. I had a damn Outlook reminder set for me to eat that often lest I have blood sugar crashes. Now here I can fast without even trying for 11 hours? So interesting! (And also, I then felt rather awful after eating so much.) Not hungry post-yoga but ate anyway...gotta fuel tomorrow's deadlifts!

Sleep: 7.5 hours. Not very good. Up at 11-ish for b/r (when Hop came to bed, and yes, I had a full sleep cycle in by that point). Wide awake at 415, tried to fall back, got up after 10 minutes. Felt fine, but very aware (and wary...awary?) that I might crash later on.

Body: Feeling pretty good despite the low sleep. Last night's supper full o' carbs plus mental high? I expected it all to catch up and bodyslam me by bedtime, but it didn't. But hopefully it'll cause me to sleep like a rock.

Swings were a million times better today. Avoided mirror so that I didn't think about KB height. Instead I focused on upper body finishing more in deadlift stance, shoulders a little forward, and then I could also feel it a whole lot more in my core with the heavier KB. Cool beans! Also, the 24kg KB swings kind of equate to perfect comfort so form is almost second nature, about like a 135-lb deadlift.

Brain: Riding high after successful run & pullups. (Trying to keep the high from getting TOO high though...moderation, another wild and crazy concept.) Tempering that high is a dress that I thought would look good (didn't try it on, came in wearing workout clothes) but is still really damn tight through the waist & belly. This one isn't stretchy like Saturday's was. Have I added muscle through my trunk, up around my natural waist? I feel like I must have, because it's not like I've got fat hanging around up there, but I am in no way capable of making this judgment objectively.

Last night in Target I almost bought some nuts; I was in the aisle reading labels on new stuff I hadn't seen before. Somehow, I reminded myself that I am incapable of eating one single serving per day of anything other than plain raw almonds, and so I bought nothing. But why the fuck do I even go down that aisle?!

Quote:

The trouble with many of us is that we just slide along in life. If we would only give, just once, the same amount of reflection to what we want out of life that we give to the question of what to do with a two weeks' vacation, we would be startled at our false standards and the aimless procession of our busy days.
-Dorothy Canfield Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment