Thursday, May 31

245a-2oz venison bacon, micro cake, Larabar, 4c decaf, supps - hunger/cravings/why-the-fuck-am-I-awake
645a-c reg - habit
730a-fr egg & 2.5 sl bacon on 2 sl toast, honey mustard, Larabar, c reg w/ stevia - cravings
930a-Americano w/ SF syrup - habit/cravings/caffeine
12p-personal training
1p-2s tilapia, micro cake, supps - habit/PWO replenish
4p-2c half-calf - energy boost
5p-6c decaf - chilly/LAPW social
730p-2s tilapia, 2c celery w avocado & salsa, coconut yogurt, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

A rough day for eating thanks to thoroughly fucked-up sleep. While eating at 3am, figured I'd make up for it by skipping breakfast and hold out for a late-morning snack, but I really wanted some bacon, so I ate. I knew I could make it to training without getting hungry, but figured I'd battle cravings - planned on telling myself I did not need any more nutrition to fuel training, had plenty of calories in me already - but I didn't have any issues! No hunger, no cravings, and I felt just fine at training! After that, I was on schedule for a normal high day, though working with too many calories thanks to the am eating.

Sleep: Awful! In bed 9p-115a, got up for b/r, couldn't fall back, got up at 215 to read. Ate. Felt 100% awake, as if it were 6am. UGH! Back to bed 415-645. Manages to be 7.75 hours in bed, but at most it was 6.75 asleep. And I was feeling it all morning.

Body: No soreness, just tired. Training felt excellent, no issues even with the semi-squirrelly deadlift.

Brain: Slow and muddled, but attitude was fine. Training gave me a ginormous boost - hot damn, do deadlifts make me happy! Eve LAPW social was fun and also good for the brain.

Quote:
In case you forgot, you are awesome.
-Joy Rodas, to me, on 2/3/12
I just came across this in my vision file...and it brought tears to my eyes.

Treasure your friends and savor (and save) their many small kindnesses. Even on a day I didn't feel that I "needed" a boost, it was just plain delightful to be smacked upside the head with the reminder that I am one of the luckiest people on the planet because I have the best people on the planet.

So, for anyone reading this: thank you for being one of my people.

YOU are awesomeness squared.

No comments:

Post a Comment