Saturday, May 5

445a-fr egg, s chicken sausage, 2 sl toast, grapefruit, sm apple, c reg, almond milk latte, supps
7a-lightweight powerlifting
9a-fr egg, s chicken sausage, 2 sl toast, dinner roll w SF jelly, c reg, supps
11a-2c half caff w SF syrup
1p (restaurant)-12 honey BBQ wings, diet Coke
 2p-bottle diet Dr Pepper
5p-diet Coke
530p-salad w/ raspberry vinaigrette, chicken breast, baked potato, green beans, oz trail mix, 4c decaf
9p-bottle diet Dr Pepper
Throughout day: 1.5 quarts water

Sleep: 7.25 hours in bed. Up at 1230a for b/r but I think that was just too much water too late at night. Woke at 430a and couldn't fall back. Got up feeling rested though!

Body: Feeling good. Tried hops in my warm-up, though, and around #20 or so, felt shin unhappiness. Insert sad emoticon here. Workout itself went great. Inclined to go heavier but dialed back the ambition to prevent any kind of "failure," keep the brain elevated. Bit of tightness in hammies, quite tight in shoulders/upper back, but the rest is good, better than I expected.

Took the day off pulls since doing a whopping 141 over the past 5 days is a wee bit of a jump. I'll try a max effort tomorrow along with the MS Walk and perhaps an easy bike ride.

Brain: Shin pain did not take me down. Kept it in perspective.

Spent some mental effort in the morning on food planning & "conditioning" myself for the day: cousin's wedding, 6 hours of travel - didn't want to fall into a pit of "If I find anything I can eat, I'm going to stuff my face!" Specifically, avoid buying trail mix at the damn gas station, since I would obviously snarf down all 700 calories or whatever. Literally had a bag in my hand and put it back at stop #1, still looked at the selection at stops #2 & #3; thankfully I avoided them and stocked up on diet pop instead. Lesser of two evils, temporarily.

Also wore super sexy dress to wedding. Not my "You're wearing the fuck out of that dress" dress, but the purple custom-made one. (And 3" silver high heels. Don't tell Dustin.) Dress prevented me from ordering fries at Buffalo Wild Wings, too. Brilliant!

Quote:
Knowing others is intelligence.
Knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength.
Mastering yourself is true power.
-Tao Te Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment