Monday, May 7

5a-Larabar, oz almonds, c reg, supps
6a-almond milk latte
630a-taught class
7a-pulls, swings, handstands
830a-2c decaf w/ 2T coconut creamer
9a-5oz tuna, 2T mustard, s onion crackers, bag snap peas, can Zevia, supps
1p-2c decaf w/ stevia (fasting chills!)
5p-treadmill test
6p-smoked turkey, snap peas, guacamole, coconut milk w/ fake granola, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Plan: fast until supper. Reality: am workout on low sleep made that unreasonable; ate first two meals, then fasted. The only time I felt hungry all day was at 430p. Surprising. Ate supper because I decided that I just plain wanted to, not super snacky or bingey or anything. I'm relaxing back off the fasting a little bit this week. Cut them to about half, see if I can find a happy balance of fat loss & energy.

Sleep: In bed 7.5 hours. Took a while to fall asleep. Fairly solid, but woke up at 1a for b/r and also woke early, 430a. Rough.

Body: Kind of dragging while at home, lack of sleep. Morning workouts felt fine, though I could feel occasional warnings from lower back (muscles, not disc) on the swings, mostly within the first set or two at both weights. I think it's the natural tendency to arch my back as it swings forward, especially as I go heavy. Laser-like focus on form (thinking glutes, pelvic tilt, just stand up) fixed it each time and then it was fine.

*No knee pain!* Granted, it was only 2.5 miles of easy strolling yesterday, but not even a hint of anything. Left big toe tendon seems a bit cranky, though. What the eff?

It's now been 8 weeks since the 20 miles that made my world fall apart. 'Twas time to test things out. Results: mixed.

Brain: Tired, but class was a great start to the day. Sunshine. Birds. Fresh air. Makes me happy. Work was busy but not too frustrating, typical month-end close anger-making. Finally our team had our audit celebration...never party before it's 100% official! Got pretty tired about 4pm, didn't have a lot to do, had running shoes at home, so I left early. On day 5, even. Pretty amazing!

I skipped out on a Relay for Life captain's meeting to do my treadmill test. Hello, guilt. (Even though there's usually not much I get out of the meeting, and my co-captain is going so I won't miss anything anyway.) At home I spent nearly an hour reading on the couch before I screwed up the nerve to run. I was terrified. If I hadn't pestered Dustin with emails today, thus forcing me to do it, I probably would've chickened out and called myself too tired. Loser.

Anyway, the nerve tingling scares me. Not quite terrified, but threatening tears. I convinced myself that low sleep makes me a wimpy teary wuss and to stop thinking about it until I was well-rested. Or until the Chief could soothe my fears. I am a CHILD.

Quote:
Find those persons in whose presence you feel more energetic, more creative, and more able to pursue your life goals. Stay away from persons who make you feel apprehensive, or who influence you to doubt yourself. Especially, stay away from those persons who drain you, so that your energy is all used up trying to maintain the relationship.

-Dennis F Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment