Monday, May 28

7a-2c reg, supps
8a-2c reg w/ SF syrup
9a-2.75m walk pre-, during-, post-parade
10a-bottle diet Coke
1130a-pulls, RDLs, stands, raises, swings
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Fast day. Hungry at 11a, 2p, 5p...no cravings, easy to stick to it.

Sleep: 8 hours in bed. Up at 430a for b/r (and due to puking Clyde), crawled back in for another 2 hours, woke feeling great.

Body: Legs felt tight/heavy first thing in the morning, but it didn't last. Workout felt awesome, even on zero calories...only did extra because Amy wasn't finished yet, not trying to be an overachiever! No run due to the parade miles, figured I had nothing to gain in pushing it. Also, if you really want to geek out, look at the heart rate chart here, it's kinda cool to see each spike of work.

Dustin: Speaking of running, I was thinking perhaps I could take it to the trail if I start over at 5 minutes, maybe keeping the long run on grass in the meantime? Or what do you think my next step should be? (pun totally intended)

Brain: Good! Parade was fun with Emma, and the workout made me feel pretty beastly. Made a quick visit to the parents for TWO dozen farm eggs, three chickens, and three beef roasts. Parents rule! Otherwise, pure laziness, got lots of reading done. Lovely!

Quote:
I don't train to be better than anyone else. I train to be better than my previous self, and to prove to myself that I can do something worthy of some kind of acknowledgement. Something that I can look back on and say, "With enough effort and hard work, this has made me a stronger person." And it has. In more than just a physical sense.
-Christine Beauchamp

No comments:

Post a Comment