Wednesday, April 25

5a-c reg
6a-c reg, splash light coconut milk, stevia
630a-class
8a-2c reg
1145a(LAPW meeting)-salad (iceberg, few grape tomatoes, few cuke slices) w/ Italian dressing, c cooked baby carrots, 2c reg
430p-oz cocoa almonds, s coconut flakes
530p-yoga
730p-3oz pork roast, .5c kraut, T mustard, 2 raw carrots, microwave mini cake, supps
Throughout day: 7 SF cough drops, 2.5 quarts water.

Was planning to fast until supper, but forgot about lunch meeting. I actually felt pretty gross after that. Ate before yoga to give me a little boost, then intended to go back to fasting, but did not, obvs.

Going to start tracking water intake because I keep refilling my decaf rather than my water bottle. Need to break that habit!

Pulls: 6 sets of 2 at home, 4 sets of 2 during class

Sleep: 7.75 hours in bed. Took a while to fall asleep, up for b/r at 1, woke at 3 but fell back easily. Feel okay. Got tired mid-afternoon.

Rehab: Step forward again. Sore quads today. Toe tendons feel sore and lower back didn't appreciate the swings too much, but it was muscle, not disc.

Sat extra today during meetings, and sat on bar stool for a while; only standing for 1 hour in morning, plus workouts.

Misc: I have a plan:

Monday: fast -- teach class in am, noon cardio, easy bike ride in eve
Tuesday: eat normal -- lift w/ Dustin
Wednesday: fast -- teach class, cardio, yoga
Thursday: eat normal -- lift w/ Dustin
Friday: skip supper-- noon pullups mania, easy bike ride
Saturday: skip supper -- teach Warrior class, longer bike ride
Sunday: eat normal -- lift in basement
  • I am certain I won't fast that much. But those would be the times I'd aim to fit them in, eating normally when I don't feel I can or should fast. 
    • If I do all those fasts, the caloric average for the week is about 1129. (Unlikely I wouldn't feel like ass there.)
    • If I did half those fasts, the average would be 1414.
    • If I keep up what I'm doing this week (more like 1/3 of the fasts) the average would be 1529.
  • Three keys to make nutrition work:
    • No baked treats of any kind.
    • No nut butters in my house. Sunbutter packets at work are okay.
    • No nuts besides almonds.
  • Teaching class is just that...teaching. I'll basically do mobility.
  • Noon cardio = biking outside, KB conditioning work, rotating through Well machines, whatever, depending on how I feel, whether I ate or fasted, sleep quality/quantity, etc.
  • Easy bike ride = tooling about with the hubster, or skip it if I'm not feeling the energy - the whole point is sunshine & fresh air, not burning calories.
  • Pullups mania - okay, so this one might not be smart? I can't really tell if it will be super hard or it's reasonable even at the start or if the whole idea is downright stupid, I just know it sounds fun. Here is the full plan - each set is done at the top of the minute, then rest until the next minute:
    • Week 1 = 20 sets x 2 reps @ 20 minutes
    • Week 2 = 13 sets x 3 reps @ 13 minutes
    • Week 3 = 10 sets x 4 reps @ 10 minutes
    • Week 4 = 8 sets x 5 reps @ 8 minutes
    • Week 5 = 7 sets x 6 reps @ 7 minutes
    • Week 6 = 6 sets x 7 reps @ 6 minutes
    • Week 7 = 5 sets x 8 reps @ 5 minutes
    • Week 8 = 4 sets x 10 reps @ 4 minutes 
Measurements: I'm taking a belly picture each morning. I'm going to take a "thermometer jeans" picture weekly. I don't want numbers. I want numbers, but I need to avoid them. Too much obsessing. Thinking I can focus on performance in something like pullups, since bodyweight will definitely influence that? Open to suggestions on what's smart there.

Do this for 3 weeks, take a 1-week break to eat normally. Repeat.

Feedback welcome.

Quote:
Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind, the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind.
-Henry James

No comments:

Post a Comment