Wednesday, April 11

5a-c reg, supps
6a-c reg w/ 2T coconut milk
630a-taught class, did pulls during: 6, 6, 6, 5, 6, 5
8a-2c reg
9a-Americano w/ SF syrup
1030a-2c decaf, supps
115p-2oz almonds, 2T Sunbutter, can diet cherry Coke, supps
530p-yoga
7p-bag snow peas, 6oz ham w/ T honey mustard, 2 chicken wings, c roasted cauliflower & garlic, fig butter & coconut butter on GF dinner roll, 2c decaf w/ 2T coconut milk, supps

Fasting again, half day. I can do this so easily. I don't know why. And it may not last. But while I can, I shall!

Sleep: 7 hours in bed. Went to bed late, trying to figure out software to get Hop's DVDs onto iPad. Wide awake at 3 for no reason. Alarm woke me at 5, wanted to cry. Tired. Had a good day, though, so brain stayed up.

Rehab: Feels about the same as yesterday. Quads are whining from glute/ham raises. Didn't realize Dustin was letting me get away with the pansy version until Mike subjected me to the real thing!

Misc: Finished reading The Happiness Advantage tonight. And realized I shouldn't read anything but fluff while I eat, because I can only articulate one damn thing that I read in the whole book, despite having a half-million "ah ha" moments. I will probably re-read it, this time with a pen & paper in my hand, or maybe a keyboard under my fingers. Tons of great info in there!

Happiness: Dig it.
Practice spirituality. – When we practice spirituality or religion, we recognize that life is bigger than us. We surrender the silly idea that we are the mightiest thing ever. It enables us to connect to the source of all creation and embrace a connectedness with everything that exists. Some of the most accomplished people I know feel that they’re here doing work they’re “called to do.”
I want to believe there's something out there, but I just can't buy it. I was raised Catholic, started having my doubts as an adult (ironically, thanks to a theology class at my Catholic college!), and became more of an agnostic. Now, I'm pretty firmly atheist. But that doesn't mean I don't believe we are all connected to everything. Go ahead and learn a little about biology and chemistry and the intricacies of all life, and you'll soon agree that whole Butterfly Effect concept is not so far-fetched.

But I don't need a religious dogma to give me morals and values. I don't need someone else to tell me how to behave. I value living beings, and I think that's all anyone really needs to be a good person. I value you, so I will be kind to you; I will respect your decisions on how to live your life; I will not harm you physically, mentally, or emotionally; I will help you if you need help.

What the fuck else is there? Go ahead and marry your partner or your dog or your car, it's nothing to me. Go ahead and worship Yahweh or Allah or stop signs, it's nothing to me. Go ahead and do whatever you want to do...but don't you dare harm someone else while you do it. That says you think that you're more important than they are, and that's bullshit. No one is more important than anyone else. Every single one of us is irreplaceable and priceless - but on the other hand, that doesn't mean anyone needs to be coddled. You are responsible for making your own way in the world, and the world is going to beat you down, but that doesn't mean you get to be a victim. Fend for yourself, work hard, make your own life, and become the person you want to be. But there's no reason you can't help others as you go.

I live my life as if karma exists. I don't always believe it, but I know that I can't go wrong if I act as though it is a real, measurable, documented, scientifically-proven fact.
 
Quote:
The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.

-Thomas Paine

No comments:

Post a Comment