Thursday, April 12

6a-turkey egg, 2 sl maple bacon, GF dinner roll, orange, c reg, supps
7a-c reg w/ 2T coconut milk
8a-Americano w/ SF syrup
10a-oz almonds, Larabar, supps
12p-personal training
2p-3c raw veg
3p-2oz almonds, 20oz diet cherry Dr Pepper, supps
630p-chicken breast, 2oz roasted salted cashews, supps

Sleep: 8 hours in bed. Decent, woke a couple times, but woke without alarm at 530.

Rehab: About the same. Crossing my fingers for next week.

Misc: Last half day at TSI before vacation. Last shift at NSS before vacation. Second-to-last day at DBB before vacation. But, you know, who's counting?

Happiness: Final journalization on this particular post. (Could be a recurring theme...stay tuned!)
Take care of your body. – Taking care of your body is crucial to being the happiest person you can be. If you don’t have your physical energy in good shape, then your mental energy (your focus), your emotional energy (your feelings), and your spiritual energy (your purpose) will all be negatively affected. Did you know that studies conducted on people who were clinically depressed showed that consistent exercise raises happiness levels just as much as Zoloft? Not only that, but here’s the double whammy… Six months later, the people who participated in exercise were less likely to relapse because they had a higher sense of self-accomplishment and self-worth.

All right, here's one I'm pretty damned good at! Although, I have had a hard time learning that my inclination to live in the extremes is not beneficial here. I went from doing nothing (clearly bad) to doing Everything I Can, with two-a-days being the normal plan. Sometimes this can be done...most of the time it can not. With Dustin, I have beaten myself into the ground many times - without him, I would probably still be doing it, and at some point I'd probably stop getting back up. I've learned that rest is also required in taking care of my body, because it's in the repair time that I get stronger. Aiming to get 8-9 hours of sleep is sign of my intelligence, not a weakness. Quality of food is incredibly important, more so than caloric levels; but caloric intake does matter. If I want to be stronger and faster than the average Jane, I will have to spend more time thinking about nutrition than the average Jane.

Quote:
The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
-Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment