Sunday, April 1

445a-fr egg, 1.5sl bacon, grapefruit, c reg, supps
530a-sweet potato pancake experiment, c reg
6a-can diet cherry Pepsi
1030a-2 fr eggs, 3 sl bacon, salad w/ tomato dressing, c decaf, supps
215p-lifting session
430p-2 fr eggs, big ol' ham steak, slivered almonds, supps

Sleep: 5.5 hours in bed. I was wide awake at 4am, thanks to that late-night snacking, and couldn't fall back asleep. Knew I could do a nap later, so I got up & moving. Actually felt pretty good but forced myself to get in a 2.5-hour nap.

Rehab: More improvement. Hurts with off-balance stances, but okay walking. Yay!

Habit: Ignored it fine all morning but then kept staring at it during my workout. Stupid!

Food Prep: 2 packages chicken sausage; 2 ham steaks; slow cooker chicken; stir fry.

Acne: Improving. But last nights BnPB fest might just make it recur with a vengeance. Idiot.

Misc: I bought an iPad this morning. (Before paying bills - that's definitely the time to do it!!) Then I also spent money on Red Sox tickets - but only $30 each, not bad at all! Spent a good hour researching what to do in Boston. So many options and decisions to be made! I wish for someone to tell me exactly what to do each day.

Hilarious thing I have to share - Aisha Tyler's blanket "apology" on her recent podcast. "Whatever the fuck you were offended by, I'm sorry. And when I say "I'm sorry," I mean it in a really offhanded kind of bullshit way. Get over yourself. It's fucking 2012. Be upset about real shit. Like fucking the destruction of democracy, starving babies, the fact that Words With Friends keeps crashing your iPad. Real shit. Be upset about real shit!"

Happiness: (see here for what I'm doing)
Nurture social relationships. – The happiest people on the planet are the ones who have deep, meaningful relationships.  Did you know studies show that people’s mortality rates are DOUBLED when they’re lonely?  WHOA!  There’s a warm fuzzy feeling that comes from having an active circle of good friends who you can share your experiences with.  We feel connected and a part of something more meaningful than our lonesome existence.
Yes, yes, yes. I've found that when I'm most down and out, I can dash off a "help me" email to a handful of amazing friends, and they pull me up every time. Having so many people who get me makes a world of difference. I have two rather compartmentalized groups of friends: my Sauk girls, the ones with whom I grew up and share a ton of experiences in our formative years; and my Alex crowd, the ones I've met through work and with whom I tend to have more in common right now. But both groups are highly valuable, as they serve difference purposes. I do make an effort to connect with all friends regularly, preferably monthly if I can. (It probably won't shock you to learn I even have a spreadsheet to track the last time I hung out with specific people. Sounds pathetic, I know, but otherwise I would go for 6 months without ever talking to the woman I consider my big sister. That's way lamer than a social spreadsheet!) Sometimes it can get overwhelming, like if I'm trying to keep it up during tax season, but the effort is always worth it, because it gets me out of my own self-centered world and we re-connect live and in person in a completely different way than just online or via email. In short: my people rule.

Quote:
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
-Og Mandino

No comments:

Post a Comment