Monday, April 9

Oops, somehow this one did not get posted...

5a-c reg, c senna tea
6a-c reg w/ 2T coconut milk, supps
630a-taught class, did squat mobility
8a-Americano w/ SF syrup
10a-2c decaf w/ stevia
12p-mobility plus
1p-can Zevia
245p-2c half-caff w/ stevia
6p-???

Planned a 24-hour fast (last night to tonight) but I threw in some fats to see if that made any kind of difference in how I felt. First time I felt hungry was 2pm and I wasn't as cold as usual in the morning.

An update in the latest low-carb phase: I can already see quite a bit more definition in my legs and arms. Little belly change, but that is always going to be the last for me. Mostly water at this early stage, but it's motivating, and I'll take it. Plus, this intake is easy, and since compliance is like 99% of the battle, I'm going to keep making progress!

Pulls: I had no desire at home. So. Tired. Added them to mobility workout.

Sleep: In bed 7.5 hours. Took a while to fall asleep, then woke hot, sweaty, & gross ~3am. Could NOT fall back asleep. Hit bathroom, didn't help. Debated just getting up, but I had planned to sleep in, alarm set for 5. I did manage to fall back, so then the alarm woke me and I felt like ass. Dog ass tired, but did feel some energy coming on by 8am. Thank you, coffee!

Rehab: A step backward today. That's frustrating. I might as well have gone for a sunshine stroll around the farm yesterday afternoon like I wanted to! Insert frowny emoticon here.

Habit: Digestive system is upset, no surprise after all the eating yesterday. So that makes it tough, but I'm getting better about recognizing that the situation is temporary. However, it does seem like this is a sign that my high days shouldn't be so high. More like, bump up some, and shift more calories to carbs, but don't eat like it's a holiday. Damn.

Misc: Expected an awful insanely busy day, figured Troy's wife would've had their baby over the weekend, leaving me to do a shit ton of work. But hip, hip, hooray, the baby is holding out! Or in? Again, a reason not to worry and work up stress & anxiety over something that might not happen. And I didn't! I prepared myself that this day could really suck, but I didn't obsess. Gold star!

Happiness: Based on this post.
Savor life’s joys. – Deep happiness cannot exist without slowing down to enjoy the joy.  It’s easy in a world of wild stimuli and omnipresent movement to forget to embrace life’s enjoyable experiences.  When we neglect to appreciate, we rob the moment of its magic.  It’s the simple things in life that can be the most rewarding if we remember to fully experience them.
Here's something I'm pretty good at, too. I always notice the little things and fully appreciate them. Yesterday we had brunch at my SIL's parents' and afterward sat outside in the sun, chatting, and playing fetch with the most handsome, well-trained chocolate lab ever (sorry, Barkley). It was, by far, the very best hour of my entire weekend. (Yes, even better than my basement barbell action!) Just sit back, soak up some sunshine, and enjoy time with the family. After a meal that included the best ribs I've had outside Padua or Sunsets. Can not beat that!

What I'm not as good at: savoring the BIG things in life. Like when I look back at 2011 and see failure after failure, forgetting the many awesome things that I accomplished. Dustin has made me fully aware of this weakness, which is a classic perfectionist tendency, and I'm working on it. Funny that I can be so good at one and so bad at the other!

A common tip to make your life more joyful is to write down three good things about each day. I suspect this is recommended becauase such a practice will focus your attention on the many small things that are great in your life. So you become one of those people who notices the small things, who appreciates them, who celebrates them - and who doesn't want to be that person?

Quote:

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking.
-Earl Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment