Friday, April 6

530a-2 fr eggs, 2 sl bacon, 2 chick saus, c reg, almond milk latte, supps
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
930a-coco-choco protein pudding, 2c decaf w/ stevia, oz almonds, supps
1030a-mobility, chin ups, handstands
130p-chicken breast, 2T fresh salsa, oz almonds, supps
530p-3 guacamole deviled eggs w/ flax tortillas, supps

Back to a carb-free day. Supper was an experiment that was pretty tasty & super filling. And then afterward I checked the calories in the flax: 80 cal/2T. Um, I used 1.25c. That's 20T. That's 800 calories. Shit! Luckily I was planning to fast until supper tomorrow anyway, so here comes an Eat Stop Eat experiment.

MOTIVATION: On Monday I go to Maurices to select the outfits I'll model in the LAPW style show. Must eliminate as much fat as possible between now and then! Okay, so there's definitely not much I can do in 3 days. But I can certainly avoid carbs. And IF a bit.

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed. Was shooting for 9, but the hubster's alarm woke me at 5. (Yes I was in bed by 830pm. Jealous?) Woke often, though, thus not as refreshed as I'd like to be. So, I also went down for a 2-hour nap in the afternoon.

Rehab: Another step of improvement. Pun intended!

Habit: I cleaned out my workout locker yesterday, thus I was stuck in tight shorts & a tight tank for the workout. Not a happy sight in the mirror. Rest of the day I did okay.

Misc: I bailed on work at 3pm. I might regret that on Monday morning when the shit hits the fan, but it was a good boost to leave early and get that nap in!

Happiness: Based on this post.
Increase flow experiences. – Flow is a state in which it feels like time stands still.  It’s when you’re so focused on what you’re doing that you become one with the task.  Action and awareness are merged.  You’re not hungry, sleepy, or emotional.  You’re just completely engaged in the activity that you’re doing.  Nothing is distracting you or competing for your focus.
That reminds me that Dustin said he has the book Flow - and I want to read it.

Anyway - my usual "go to" source of flow is running, obviously, but I also find this when reading a good book, hanging with friends, or even (nerd alert!) having Fun With Numbers - but that does depend on the task. Today's work session of FWN made me want to cry. However, tomorrow at the tax firm will fly by. So yes, I often get buried in work and enjoy it, and I know this makes me a very lucky person. Many people have shitty jobs, and I am thankful that I do not fall into this soul-sucking category.

However, flow just can't come at work alone. There has to be personal flow as well. If I can't run or hang with my people, I can read, and I have been. Currently, about happiness! I'm picking up a lot of excellent tips and feel like I will make some actual leaps because of it. Also, sometimes hanging with friends is not flow but rather draining, depending on the rest of my schedule. Flow is a requirement for maintaining a filled bucket. When my bucket gets empty, I definitely feel it. I get very down, very MEH about everything from personal life to work to people to cats to literally everything. That's not a happy place. Flow is where it's at!

Strictly based on the above definition, TV-watching or internet-absorption could be considered flow, but I don't think it is. I think flow has to be something that you enjoy & benefit from, not just something that occupies your time. It absorbs you in full, and if you look back tomorrow, you're pleased with how you killed your time. 

So, for now, here's to more reading, more hanging with my peeps, and running when I can!


Quote:
The one thing that's never changed is that you still have to work hard. A lot of people and a lot of programs are trying to sidestep that one main issue. But you gotta go in there and you gotta bust your ass! People need to quit looking for the easy way out and get to work.

- Dave Tate, CEO EliteFTS

No comments:

Post a Comment