Thursday, March 15

545a-fr egg & 2 sl bacon w/ honey mustard on GF bagel, grapefruit, sm apple, c reg, supps
7a-c reg w/ T coconut creamer
10a-s tilapia & onions, oz almonds, sm apple, supps
12p-personal training
1p-Larabar, oz almonds, sm apple, supps
3p-can diet root beer
530p-turkey jerky, Sunbutter bar, sm apple, few pistachios, can diet root beer, supps

I need to get rid of that damn root beer! Too addicting. Diet or not, it's crap my body doesn't need.

-Shin still sore, though a little better; all else pretty normal.

Weight: 136.2 lbs, 20.9% fat - down .8 lbs from yesterday, down 4 from a week ago.

Sleep: 8.75 hours in bed, solid, woke naturally. Nice! Feel pretty good. Sky is no longer falling. Amazing what a great night of sleep can do for this brain.

Habit: Done at 10am.

Misc: PT at 130p. James's diagnosis: combination of many small factors. Rotated right hip (again!), super tight "heel cords" (both sides), slightly tighter right hip flexor compared to left, weaker upper right glute than left. So...several stretches & strengthening moves, see how that works, then dig out orthotics if that's not enough.

I feel good about this. It's not "Abracadabra, you're gonna walk out of here pain-free" but it's legions beyond the "Maybe you should take up kayaking" bullshit I got in the past!

Shin needs to stop hurting before I can try to run again, though. Heal up, ya little bastard!

I think I've solidified my plans for the year: I am prepared to do Boston in intervals. I will then spend the rest of the year focused on fat loss, lifting, and easy enjoyable running (that means trails). I literally want to make a list of state parks, forests, wildlife areas, all preserved areas, and start visiting them one by one. An hour of trails every Saturday morning sounds perfectly blissful to this girl. And then on Sundays I can cozy up to my lonesome squat rack. Now that's summer love!!

I want to run the Wild Duluth 50k again in October to beat Dustin's PR :o), either the Afton 25k or Voyageur Half in July (if I can, if the body is ready), plus Ragnar in August. Them's my big rocks. And if when I get back to a happy place, then I'll consider options for road marathons in 2013. Until then, no.

Destination: HAPPY PLACE.

Quote:


No comments:

Post a Comment