Saturday, March 31

615a-fr egg, 1.5sl bacon, grapefruit, microwave brownie, 2c reg, supps
8a-s Starbucks Via mocha (this has added sugar - thus it's actually good!)
1030a-s tilapia, orange, s Starbucks Via mocha, supps
2p-s tilapia, Larabar, med apple, s Starbucks Via mocha, supps
430p-bottle diet A&W
730p-2 chicken wings, microwave brownie, banana slices & BnPB, 12 mini Sunbutter muffins, supps
10p-12 mini muffins

GD. I waited too damn long to eat and ended up eating half a pan of muffins that I knew I shouldn't even make. Id-i-fucking-ot. And then later, I finished them off. And the extra genius part is I made them with Better 'n Peanut Butter, which also contains soy, which gives me acne. I was actually having a decent day, too, so I don't really know what happened there.

Pulls: 9, 8, 7 - nice long rests in between, so they were all damn smooth. I've been tempted to do a little hanging rest to squeeze in more singles, but I feel more accomplished when they are consecutive. After missing 10 on the first set, I was hesitating on the second set when I remembered the quote Joy shared with me when debating the powerlifting meet:
Try and fail, but don't fail to try.  
-Stephen Kaggwa
And off I went!

Sleep: 8 hours in bed. Woke around 3, when the hubster came home, but otherwise solid. Got rather tired at about 2pm so I added bit more food than planned, plus another mocha. Really wanted to nab a can of Diet Coke, but . . . GD acne.

Rehab: Feeling pretty good! Certain steps make it hurt, twisty/unstable stances, but normal walking feels okay. Holy shit! Upper back/shoulders still a bit sore, as are abs. Loving this result of Thursday's session. Taking a second straight full rest day; since I completely forgot about bringing the bike to the tax firm.

No workouts for me, but Greg and Brian devoted today's runs to me. How cool is that?! Like I posted on Wednesday: my people are so fucking awesome that I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

Acne: Coming around a little. No new cysts.

Habit: Wore a new shirt, rather belly-hugging, so today was a bit of a challenge. Just like the last time that I fought to change this bad habit, I realize that it's worse when I look down and see it - just fix my posture & pull the hips back, and BAM it's gone! And it's much better in the mirror than it is from above.

Misc: Total tax firm hours in January = 60.6...February = 64.8...March = 74.6...it's a good thing I like these people, because that's kinda gross! Especially when you factor in that I missed an entire week in March due to TS. Sheesh! And now that all of this is MY money and it pays for Dustin, it becomes entirely worth it, even at this point in the year when we're all ready for it to finish.


Happiness: 

Practice acts of kindness. – Performing an act of kindness releases serotonin in your brain. (Serotonin is a substance that has TREMENDOUS health benefits, including making us feel more blissful.) Selflessly helping someone is a super powerful way to feel good inside. What’s even cooler about this kindness kick is that not only will you feel better, but so will people watching the act of kindness. How extraordinary is that? Bystanders will be blessed with a release of serotonin just by watching what’s going on. A side note is that the job of most anti-depressants is to release more serotonin. Move over Pfizer, kindness is kicking ass and taking names.

Gold star! I actually do this all the time. I literally have a reminder set in Outlook designating the 15th of each month as "Random Act of Kindness" day. I've told you I'm a bleeding heart; this is a prime example. I just really adore the feeling of helping others in any small way. (Does that make it selfish?)

Some of the things I do: bring in team treats for no reason (last week I had my mom buy items from a fundraising bake sale to bring to the tax firm - win win!); feed extra change into the vending machines and walk away; buy coffee or donate my free coffee card to the next person who comes to the Cove; send a coffee token to one of my besties; think of a reason to send a Goosing to someone; email a little note of appreciation or praise; text someone for no reason (earlier this week I texted my bro & cousin, two more manure pumpers who are currently working their asses off, just to say hi); really, anything I can think of, even if it's a little uncomfortable.

Often I feel like I'm doing something unusual, out of the ordinary, putting myself outside the normal realm of typical social behavior, but hey, that's society's issue, not mine. Wouldn't it be better if everyone did stuff like this? And no, I'm not holding myself up as some kind of ideal model; there are plenty of days I'm swearing like a sailor at random idiot strangers (usually because they are preventing me from driving as fast as I want to) but I do think more people need to get into the RAK thing. It's just as beneficial for the giver as for the recipient!

If everyone operated in "pay it forward" mode all of the time, what kind of world would this be?

Quote:
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.  
-Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment