Saturday, March 24

630a-fr egg, s chicken sausage, 2 sl GF toast, tangerine, c reg, supps
8a-2c reg
930a-can diet cherry Pepsi
1215p-s tilapia & onions, cauliflower & hummus, 2oz cashews, can diet cherry Pepsi, supps
5p-2s tilapia, cauliflower & hummus, tangerine, T coconut flakes, can diet Coke, supps
830p-ribs w/ BBQ sauce, smoked chicken breast, frozen banana chunks, Banana Coconut Custard, supps

Pulls: 7-6-6-6 - just wanted to get an easy 25, brain not really up for tough challenges today. All of these were pretty smooth, though there was leg swing.

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed. Wide awake at 5 but managed to fall back. And dreamed about sitting around a bonfire at Jennah's family cabin. I think I need to go camping!

Rehab: Shin is a step down from yesterday. From a 1-hour WALK. That shoots a pretty big hole in the idea that perhaps I could still do the marathon with a walk 2 / run 1 combo to squeeze me in under the 6-hour time limit. Feeling 99% sure that I will not be participating in this marathon at all. Sad.

And yet, I'm also feeling major relief: I'm no longer feeling intense anxiety over the thought of slogging through a miserable 26.2 miles, the huge mental battles I'd be facing, the "social" (really, self-imposed) pressure to finish somehow despite massive physical fatigue, etc. Boston has been more of a looming dark shadow than a fun sunny event for the past few months, so losing it is both painful and relieving. I'm reaching a kind of peace with it all.

Kind of. The wrong thing said, or a lack of sleep, or an increase in some other stress, could shoot me right back to tears. I'm fun like that. Case in point: at 6p after 9 freaking hours at the tax firm, the cleaning folks arrived and the very first question from the husband was "How is training going?" and from the wife, "So, are you excited for Boston?? Less than a month, right?!" Gah. I know it's always asked in kindness but that doesn't make it any easier.

Also, still have that weird chest pain first half of the day, but right wrist is feeling better. 

Dustin, check out the conversation I had with Mike T Nelson on Facebook!

Misc: I liked the morning fog; I think it's the reason I was able to sleep in. And I got to the tax firm at 815a, and there were only two other people there...normally there's 4 in by 8a - I hope everyone got a little extra dose of sleep this morning! I didn't actually punch in until 9am...what a freaking slacker. I think I made up for it though...left just before 8. GROSS. Why the hell do I do this to myself? Oh yeah, to pay for Dustin. Worth it.

Quote:
Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

-Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment