Recipe: Microwave Brownie

A Paleo-happy single-serving microwave brownie!

From Jen Comas Keck:

Mix into a bowl:
2 egg whites
2 TBSP coconut flour
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
2 packets Stevia (more or less, it's up to you.)
1/4 cup pure pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Spray a little glass dish or bowl with non-stick cooking spray or grease it with coconut oil. I used a small round Pyrex dish. Put mixture in it and toss it into the microwave. Nuke at 80% power for 2 - 4 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on your microwave so keep an eye on it so you don't scorch the edges. The second the middle is not wet, it's done!

-

I used applesauce instead of pumpkin, just cuz that's what I had, and it worked just fine. I overcooked it a bit and didn't un-lump my coconut flour, so it was kinda dry - I added a splash of almond milk to moisten it up and that worked out great. I also threw in a dash of cinnamon, but I couldn't really taste it. Next time I'm going to use sweet potato butter in it, since I have some in a tube ready for a long run that won't come any time soon. Jen also lists several other alternatives on her post, so click on through for more ideas!

It was delicious, and I'm guessing it clocks in around 125-150 calories. Probably not a whole lot different from a normal brownie, except it's 2-3 times the size, has no crap ingredients, takes all of 6 minutes to make, and you're not left with a huge pan of leftovers tempting you at every turn. Win win win win!

UPDATE: Made it again (same day) with sweet potato butter, no cinnamon, splash of almond milk added before microwaving. It turned out even better! Go forth and experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment