Friday, March 23

530a-smoked chicken breast, T bbq sauce, sl GF toast w/ SP butter, grapefruit, c reg, supps
830a-1.5c decaf w T coconut creamer
930a-s tilapia & onions, salad, oz almonds, 1.5c reg, supps
2p-10-ish sweet potato pork wraps, supps
4p-3.56m walk at LCSP
6p-40-cal popsicle
7p-GF dinner roll
745p-balsamic pork tenderloin, roasted veg (potatoes, snap peas, tomatoes, mushrooms), GF dinner roll, an entire 2-liter of diet A&W over the course of the eve
9p-2 GF dinner rolls, supps
10p-s chicken sausage (wanted some protein to "calm down" the carbs so I wouldn't shoot awake at 3am)

Went to Amy's for a late supper so I was snacking beforehand. And the GF dinner rolls I had gotten at the Grain Bin were So. God. Damned. Delicious. They tasted like normal rolls! That made them irresistible, and I finished them off on the way home. Not a fucked-up-mind binge but a "give me another piece of that cake, NOW" binge. This makes it excusable and I'm not all pissed at myself. (Lesson learned: if I buy them again, I'll only thaw one, not the entire bag!) So, anyway, I had me a carb re-feed kind of day. No worries.

Pulls: Took a break today. Upper body is all-over sore, elbows a little complainy, time for a rest day.

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, but for the last 1.5 hours I was in & out. Ugh. I got up feeling mostly okay, level-headed at least.

Rehab: PT at work because I forgot at home. Shin/knee is feeling quite a bit better. Thinking walk at Carlos before supper at Amy's.

Eeenteresting: blog post about this study that took 10 CECS sufferers who were fasciotomy candidates, and instead modified their running gait to a forefoot landing...problem solved for each of them, no surgery required. Also there is this tiny study (two subjects, but the full paper is viewable, not just the abstract) which achieved the same thing. And this similar tiny case report. Also a podcast (that I have not yet listened to) talking about the same thing. And there's a big long Runner's World thread about surgery recovery that I have not read. Posting everything here so it's in one place when I have time to get to it.

Habit: Challenging today but I did all right.

Misc: I got to see my husband this morning for the first time all week. Asked him to introduce himself, please! And hanging out at Amy's was lovely, until I realized her clock was not set ahead, and I was not going to get to bed until 11p. Zoinks!

Quote:
Know your own failings, passions, and prejudices, so you can separate them from what you see.
Know also when you actually have thought through to the nature of the thing with which you are dealing, and when you are not thinking at all.
Knowing yourself and knowing the facts, you can judge whether you can change the situation so it is more to your liking.
If you cannot - or if you do not know how to improve on things - then discipline yourself to the adjustments that will be necessary.
-Bernard Baruch

No comments:

Post a Comment