Tuesday, February 28

530a-2 fr eggs, 1.5 sl bacon, 2 sm apples, c reg, supps
630a-almond milk latte
715a-2c reg
945a-s tilapia w/ onions, stir fry, oz cocoa/cinnamon almonds, supps
12p-personal training
130p-sm banana, 5oz tuna w/ 2T mustard, s sesame crackers, 2 sm apples, 2c decaf, supps
3p-3c diet A&W
6p-pork rinds, 2 sm apples
7p-supps


Weight: 139.6 lbs, 20.5% fat. I pretty much just stared in flat-out disbelief at that number. Water retention, I guess due to not taking as much in over the past two days, but I don't see it or feel it. Weirdness. Solution? Pound down the water and get that gallon in.

Sleep: In bed 8.5 hours. Woke w/o alarm shortly past 5. An excellent, solid night of sleep, without NyQuil! Still vague bit of lingering head cold, about the same as yesterday.

Habit: Mobility and calf raises twice.

Misc: Learned of the death of an old friend today. Not an old friend, Jack was only 35; but he was a bit like another older brother back when I was in 9th grade...which was half my life ago.

He lived Evel Knievel-style, life on the edge, I've heard a million stories about him & buddies where it's a miracle no one was hurt; he lived to thumb his nose at societal norms, loved to question "why," refused to do what he was "supposed" to do and flouted authority constantly; was that cool older bad-boy that girls crushed on and guys emulated; despite his show-off obnoxious "look at me" outer shell, he was a fun-loving, kindhearted person always ready to help a friend out; perpetually invincible...until...he wasn't.

I guess eventually everyone falls off the edge, but the shocking ones are so painful. He died in an avalanche while snowmobiling out west with a big group of friends. A silver lining would be that no one else was hurt, but it sure is a sad, thin little lining. My cousin worked with him, my brother did as well until a couple months ago, and my husband was also friends with him...shit, everyone was friends with him. He was no longer like an older brother to me, we had drifted pretty far from that, but maybe like a cousin I used to spend a lot of time with. And I bet a couple hundred people could same the exact same thing. I haven't seen him in a while (which is sad given I could literally run to his house, maybe 10 miles away) but to think he's no longer around to laugh with ever again is a gouging a painful hole of sadness in my li'l heart.

How can a larger-than-life personality possibly be taken away like that? Just...gone. Everyone is saying "Rest in peace" but I won't. I think that whatever and wherever Jack is now, he's stirring up shit and laughing his ass off.

Here is something powerful to read next time you are going through something difficult, which, for all I know, is today, right now, this instant, same time as me.

In that case, hugs to you.

If you're doing great, hugs anyway.

Take one and pass it on.

It's a huggy kind of day.

Quote:
Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

- Earl Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment