Tuesday, February 21

615a-fried egg, 2.5sl bacon, 2 sl dark GF toast, honey mustard, sm apple, c reg w/ T coconut milk, supps
7a-c reg w/ T coconut milk
8a-Americano w/ stevia
10a-2oz pork roast, sm apple, bag snap peas, 1.5c black tea, supps
12p-personal training
2p-ground pork & tomato sauce over a biscuit, sm apple, Chick-o-Stick*, supps
6p-salad (peppers, celery, cauliflower, peas, carrots, raisins, walnuts, hb egg) w/ balsamic
730p-peppermint choco protein shake**, supps

3 apples a day keeps the doctor away, right?

*I've been craving Chick-o-Sticks for months. I think they are more popular in the South, but I finally found some at Pete's today. They are basically the innards of a Butterfinger, but of course I can't just eat a Butterfinger. Only 20 calories each, so I decided I can allow them, but only by having one per day. I'm terrible at moderation, but sometimes stringent rules work quite well. Wish me luck.

**Excellent indulgent-tasting shake: cup peppermint tea, scoop chocolate protein powder, pinch xanthum gum, dash stevia, bunch of ice cubes, and you've got nomminess!

Weight: I forgot to weigh in yet again. See "Sleep."

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, but UGH, not good. I tried to do well: I went to bed by 930, set alarm for 530. Was still awake at 1020, bit of a racing monkey mind. Got up, used b/r, and turned off the alarm; figured I'd sleep as long as I needed to. 20 minutes later I had a coughing fit, so I got up for water and Nyquil. STILL took a while to fall asleep, but once I did, it was solid. Woke at 5, debated getting up for about 3.2 seconds, rolled over, then woke again at 6 feeling semi-decent, considering. But still rather tired and groggy. And my face still hurt.

That reminds me of the classic big-brother joke from back in the day:
Brian: "Does your face hurt?"
Sabrina: "No, why?"
Brian: "Because it's killing me!!!"

In my experience, big brothers are pretty much all awful jerks from age 5-20 or thereabouts. I recommend having your daughters first. Or all boys. Surviving an older brother might make you ferociously tough, or it might leave you extremely insecure. Guess which one it did to me?
Habit: No problem!

Misc: Normal Tuesday = work at tax firm. Sick Tuesday = work at home for TS, to refrain from infecting tax coworkers. I'll make up the time there on Friday afternoon instead.

Besides candy, I also bought salad fixings at Pete's. I had been trying to save some dinero by using up my frozen veg rather than fresh, but a crunchy colorful salad is so much more satisfying & filling than a stir-fry that I don't feel deprived eating one - so I guess it's worth the money.

I caught up on my usual weekend pre-cooking by making 5s pork roast (overnight in the slow cooker Monday night), 5 salads, 8s tilapia & onions, and 5s stir fry (summer squash, daikon radish, bok choy, onion, pepper, Flavors of India spice mix). I'm feeling pretty set to get back on track nutritionally. The main key, which I know, but got lazy about: make the easy choice the healthy choice.

Whenever I don't prepare meals in advance, I increase the odds that I'm going to make higher-calorie and lower-quality food choices. Whenever I do prepare meals in advance, they're pretty much always stellar nutrient-dense options that would make the Whole9ers proud.

And this week especially I need to be doing every single thing right to kick this cold and happy up the body for a successful long run on Sunday. Train like an athlete. Eat like a nutritionist. Sleep like a baby.

Boston is just 8 weeks from yesterday. Eep!

Besides making food, I also read a bunch of Leigh Peele stuff. I'm telling you: you will never go wrong with that woman's advice.

Quote:

When you plant a seed, don't continually dig up the soil to see how the roots are doing. With patience and determination, your dreams will come to fruition.
-Stephen Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment