Saturday, January 14

5a-2 fr eggs, 2.5sl bacon, 2c reg, supps
7a-c reg
8a-c reg
9a-3.25oz jerky
(powerlifting meet: squat)
11a-supps
(powerlifting meet: bench)
12p-3.25oz jerky, 2.6oz apple chips
(powerlifting meet: deadlift)
2p-2 eggs scrambled w/ bacon & ham & sausage, hash browns, 3c reg, supps
630p-9 ribs, 2T cole slaw, 2-3 bites mashed potatoes, half Hop's broasted chicken breast, 4c decaf
930p-supps, greens supp shake

Meet day!!

WG DL pulls, pm: 5,3

Weight: 136.2 lbs, 24.3% body fat - no idea what's going on here. Ate a nice high-fat breakfast & drank a shit ton of coffee, trying to flush things through before the meet. I definitely want to give a go at the whole water manipulation thing sometime, if only to better understand how it all works.

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed, slept straight through, woke naturally, no complaints!

Meet: ZOMG this was SO MUCH FUN. Hit my main goals, logged bench & deadlift PRs, and did I mention SO MUCH FUN? Icing on the cake for Joy & I to see what our training accomplished.

Incredibly inspiring seeing what the super strong women could do; it made me very excited to imagine where I can get some day! I only trained for this deal for 10 weeks. What happens in 10 months? 10 years? WORLD DOMINATION, that's what happens!

Bonus: being weak as a kitten, I squatted first, which made me the star of a video of the first ever competitive lift at NSS!

Afterward, Joy & Heidi & I celebrated with breakfast at Traveler's Inn (breakfast is the easiest dairy- & grain-free meal out), which was excellent, as I've never hung out with Heidi before, and Joy & I literally have never socialized outside work or a gym. 'Twas lovely.

Then, since my husband has been working his ass off just like me & we haven't seen each other, I made him join me with the lifting crew at the Fire Station, where the special was ribs (and they were perfection) and the company was pretty hilarious. Hoping the high-weight lifting stories inspired the hubster to get his ass going on the program I wrote him.

Up until today, most of 2012 sucked hairy pig ass. But today made up for all of it. Best day in AGES!!

---

Quote of the day:

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity. 

-Louis Pasteur

(Ed note: but I still wore my Wonder Woman underpants, for an extra dose of strength!)

No comments:

Post a Comment