Recipes: EZ Whey

I made a bunch of Emily Zaler recipes on Monday.

All of them can be found here: http://www.emilyzaler.com/ezrecipeoftheweek.htm

Here's my feedback on everything I made:

Pumpkin Swirl Egg White Puffs - fairly satisfying if you eat them immediately & fresh from the oven, but they deflate a bit and thus they're a bit disappointing re-heated, even topped w/ syrup. I got 14 from the recipe, though, so it sure feels like you're eating a lot, a good trick for the brain.

EZ Whey Pumpkin Pie (minus crust) - this turned out terribly unsatisfying. But I used egg white protein powder so that could be the culprit: I essentially had cooked egg white at the bottom, topped with a thick flax pudding that just wasn't sweet enough. I'm going to re-try with whey protein.

Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Protein Loaf - pretty eggy, tasted a bit like French toast but with the texture of an omelet. Mine looked NOTHING like her picture, not remotely bread-like. It deflated some out of the oven, and I cut 4 "slices." For a low-carb day, it would suffice as substitute bread to dip into egg yolks.

EZ Kabocha Squash Protein Pancake - delicious. I used pumpkin instead, since that's what I had on hand. Definitely will make again.

Low Carb Flax Waffles - did NOT work as a Belgian waffle: crispy but not fluffy. Perhaps a regular waffle would work, I don't know. It did get fluffy as a pancake, but not very sweet. I'm using them as "bread" with my eggs for now. Going to remake them with pumpkin pie spice and see how they work. I got one failed waffle and four 4-5" cakes.

EZ Whey Protein Pudding - delicious and the right texture, very satisfying. More calories & less quantity than Arctic Zero, but definitely a lot cheaper.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to spend less time just poke holes in the spaghetti squash with a fork and then cook it in the microwave. I haven’t done one in awhile but I want to say it usually takes about 20 mins. Start with 10-15 mins and check it frequently and once you can stick a fork into it easily or press it and it’s soft (with an oven mitt on!!!) it’s done. Let it cool, then cut and scoop everything out! Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete