645a-c reg, stevia
1030a-5oz tuna, sesame crackers, 2T mustard, apple
330p(PWO)-apple, 3.1oz jerky, krill oil, multi
630p-7oz chicken, ~20 baby carrots, ~2T sauce, romaine salad
830p-Met, reds, yeast, fish oil, multi, CLA, Calcium, ALC, Carnosine, NC
Totals: 1753 cal, 48g fat (13 sat), 145g carbs (22 fiber), 166g protein
Habit update! I honestly feel like I've conquered the constant belly hate. It helps that I'm making body comp progress, but I know damn well that the mental shift has been a huge impact.
So now I'm starting another new habit: drink a cup of tea every day. Any tea: green, black, Sleepytime, whatever. Simple. Physical, not mental, this time, as I feel like my brain is on an upward spiral. Plus, I always want to buy more when I see the array of tea choices at the Grain Bin, but I already have a massive stash of it that I rarely drink. Time for that to change!
Scale note: I just realized that yesterday's weigh-in was exactly the same as when I started training with Dustin 2 years ago. If that isn't a perfect example of why NOT to focus on the scale, then nothing is. FAT LOSS is what you're after, not weight loss!
And finally, based on what I read in Mastering Leptin, I once again have a new diet plan. I feel like I'm the QUEEN of new plans, but hey, if it isn't working, try something else. Definition of insanity and allathat.
- I will make the effort to nap both Saturday & Sunday, whether or not I feel like I need it at the time. (Basically, don't wait until I crash to catch up on sleep.) Also since I have a lot of upcoming Fridays off to burn up my PTO: bonus nap day!
- Add recommended supplements (calcium, CLA, ALC, & Carnosine) that should help with my specific hormonal issues.
- Make every effort to only work 40 hours per week, not 45-50 hours as is my tendency. Use that extra time for reading and relaxing! Tax season is right around the corner, after all.
- Stop with the all-day grazing and instead eat 3 or 4 meals. Make Friday a fast day. Works out as follows:
- Tuesday: 4 meals x 400 calories each + supps = 1850 calories
- Wednesday: 3 meals x 400 calories each + supps = 1450 calories
- Thursday: 4 meals x 400 calories each + supps = 1850 calories
- Friday: supps = 250 calories (fast day)
- Saturday: 3 meals x 400 calories each + 1 meal x 800 calories + supps = 2250 calories
- Sunday: 3 meals x 400 calories each + 1 meal x 800 calories + supps = 2250 calories
- Monday: supps = 250 calories (fast day)
My specific plan to combat binge urges: drink a quart of water, eat a BAS (Big Ass Salad*) but only if I actually need calories, and take a nap. Keep it simple; the body needs rest and fluids and perhaps some quality nutrition, but it definitely doesn't need the massive influx of food the brain is pushing for.
*Note: Mark's salad is significantly higher in calories than I need. Subract the pine nuts, avocado, and dressing, and that's where I land.