October 6

GOTD-skip a meal. I was planning to do this for supper, since initially I was going to do a KITC pumpkin-carving activity with my godchild, which provided a supper I wouldn't be able to eat. Good time to fast, no? But I ended up canceling on Emma so that I could work late/pack for the weekend.

Sidebar: I had debated this decision all morning and felt horrible canceling. Turns out she typically has a lot of homework on Thursdays so her mom was happy. A solid little lesson in why worrying never pays! (I suggested an alternate plan to shop for & decorate our own pumpkins, hopefully we can find a date that works.)

In addition, since I need to be properly fueled up for this weekend & did not have any wild intake to make up for (in my mind), I made the executive decision to ignore the goal. Instead, after leaving work at 7pm (fun times!), and feeling time-crunched, I just bought a container of deli turkey while at Elden's, which I ate on the way home. That's 55g of pure protein, bitches. Oh yeah!

So when I got home, I was able to jump on the packing in my standard fashion: make a pile in the living room, and put off actual packing until morning. I sat down with a pint of Arctic Zero* & Newsweek and relaxed for a half hour. Then I hauled my ass to bed, where I got eight hours of sleep. I say god damn.

I'm in a great place this morning for that reason + leaving at 130p + heading off to frolick in the woods + seeing the sunrise this morning. I think seeing that unearthly orange glow would start every day off wonderfully.( Perhaps I should set an Outlook reminder to leave my damn desk and view the sunrise every day?) In fact, I would go so far as to say I'm feeling a little punchy this morning! Hoping this attitude lasts all weekend, particularly for the benefit of my fellow runners who sure don't deserve bitchyface Sabrina.

Food details:

545a-3c spaghetti squash w/ tomato, sauce, 4oz teriyaki pork tenderloin, c reg, Met, fish oil, multi
645a-c reg
730a-1.5c decaf
10a-4oz pork tenderloin, 1.5c decaf
1p(PWO)-6oz chicken, ¼ [non-disease-carrying] cantaloupe
330p-4oz pork tenderloin, oz homemade jerky (from my delightful friend Joy...it tasted just like a meat market smells, which is: 100% totally fucking delicious), krill oil, multi
730p-10oz deli turkey
8p-pint Arctic Zero, Met, reds, yeast, fish oil, multi, NC
9p-5HTP, Benadryl, Tyrosine

Totals: 1667 cal, 44g fat (12 sat), 147g carbs (30 fiber), 184g protein

Protein for the win!!

*I had previously said this stuff wasn't worth it, that the texture was all wrong. But I have since figured it out: you've got to let it get half melty. After a half hour sitting out, the ice crystals have melted and it's got a thick, creamy texture that will fool your tastebuds! And you can eat the entire god damn pint (because who ever eats a half cup of ice cream) for only 150 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment