October 5: Addendum

I want to retract the whining in my last post. I do love my job (that's MY job, not Lisa's job; that one I physically hate). I like my team leads; my direct lead is by far the best boss I've ever had, and I wouldn't change a single thing about her. And certainly I am grateful that I even have a job about which to whine, when so many do not. I'm just tired and feeling overworked and underappreciated is all, since this week, while I'm finally back down to one job, it's the most demanding week of the month, made more demanding by a timeline shortened 17%.

Logically I do know my leads appreciate me. And I am fairly confident that I will be monetarily compensated in the form of a nice raise next year. But that's six months away...a little late to feel related to what I've done over the past months. And I don't even really expect actual financial compensation at this time (though it would certainly be nice to actually receive pay for all those extra hours) but . . . something. A free lunch? A free coffee? A goosing?? Words of appreciation verbalized once, briefly, only go so far.

Oh, wait, here I am back to complaining again. I'll just stop now.

In all honesty, it comes down to sleep. I haven't been able to find any time to get in more sleep with this busy work week. Oh, and I believe I've mentioned that I have a physically demanding weekend coming, for which I would ideally be getting a minimum of 9 hours of sleep every night this week. So far, the average is 7h40m.

Allow this accountant to add that up: I'm currently 5h20m behind my goal sleep for the week.

Hence the woe-is-me-ing.

Sleep: it does a body (and brain) good.

No comments:

Post a Comment