October 27

530a-fr egg, chick saus, 2 sl toast, honeycrisp, 2c reg, fish oil, multi, Met
715a-2c decaf, stevia
8a-1.5c decaf, 2T creamer
10a-sm apple
1030-rice cake w/ T Sunbutter
130p(PWO)-honeycrisp, 5oz tuna, 2T mustard, sesame crackers, multi, fish oil
415p-3oz ham
5p(PWO)-2 Starkiss
7p(girls night)-6oz sirloin, sweet potato fries, roasted veg, 5c decaf
930p-fish oil, multi, NC, Met, reds, yeast, 5HTP, Tyrosine

Totals: 2346 cal, 79g fat (15 sat), 243g carbs (34 fiber), 149g protein

One of two high days this week. Thanks to all the carbs & calories, I felt great in two workouts, a solid session w/ Dustin, & a nice hard run after work. Enjoyed supper out with my two old pals Katy & Shari, at a place with the best ribs in my world, but I'm saving them for Saturday night with the parents. This restaurant is NOT a chain, so I went the easy route and picked foods I felt sure would be safe, then said "I have a dairy allergy, is there any reason these foods would be a problem?" Easy peasy. But because I really want the ribs on Saturday, the sauce of which is "iffier" - I'm going to drop an email to the owner who can dig in more easily than the poor waiter at his first night on the job.

Also, I've realized that I should expect to creep up in weight over the week, as I'm eating at maintenance to surplus; the deficit doesn't kick in until Sunday, after all. Just a tweak in perspective there, understanding why my abs are disappearing a bit.

Habit update: doing well! I did catch myself looking down at my belly a few times, but each time I immediately adjusted my gaze & didn't allow any negative thoughts. YAY ME!

Finally, I learned something new in a podcast this morning: when you calculate calories burned in a one-hour workout, whether based on distance or heart rate or something online, it's going to include an hour's worth of BMR calories that you would've burned anyway. So to get your true extra calories burned from the workout, you shouldd subtract your BMR/24. This might only be a 50-calorie difference, but if you work out just 5 hours per week, that is a tenth of a pound each week that you're not losing but expected to, which would add up over time. One little thing to keep in mind if you really dig into the detailed numbers like this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment