October 23

6a-.5 protein waffle, .5s SF syrup, 2c reg, Met, multi, fish oil
845a-2oz ham
1130a(PWO)-6oz chicken w/ eggplant, chard, RoTel, s brown rice, sm apple, multi, fish oil
215p-.5 waffle, 3oz egg white crepes w/ t cinnamon, s SF syrup, c decaf, stevia, honeycrisp
4p-oz rice crackers
6p-c Brussels sprouts w/ balsamic, salad, multi, fish oil, Met, reds, yeast
7p-crepes w/ cinnamon, stevia, SF syrup, NC, c Yogi Bedtime tea
830p-Benadryl, 5HTP, Tyrosine

Totals: 1795 cal, 33g fat (6 sat), 248g carbs (41 fiber), 138g protein

I felt pretty awful around 2, literally in tears over my desire to be DONE DIETING and move forward to maintenance, but after eating I felt much better. I realized that Saturday was fairly depleting due to the long run, I didn't follow that with a good night's sleep (woke a ton, thanks a lot Oscar!), and at that point in the day I hadn't really had very many calories either.

Still, no matter how you slice it, operating in a deficit means feeling like crap much of the time, and there's really no way around it.

Anyway, for the rest of the day I leaned more heavily on carbs and those crepes, and the key to the crepes was the syrup:
Only 20 calories for a freaking 1/4 cup, as it's made with Splenda, and the butter flavor is artificial and therefore dairy-free so I can have it. The fine folks at Whole9 would put the hex on this vat of chemicals, but I'm quite in love.

Also, an egg bake tip: I put ground turkey in yesterday's batch, and it landed on top just by way of being done browning after I'd cut up all my vegetables. While baking, that turkey got even more crispy & flavorful. I was literally nabbing pieces off while it cooled. So forget cheese or butter for a nice golden brown crisp, top your food with meat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment